April 30, 2009

Fun in the Sun

We just got back from a super fun vacation at the Amelia Islands Plantation Resort in Florida! Aaron got to attend a National Orthopaedic Conference where he presented some reasearch he's been working on. And well...he took me with him. It was AMAZING!
It felt weird to leave Hallie and Peyton behind, but it was so great. My mom said, "When you get on the airplane, you are going to feel like you forgot to put your pants on," and she was right (thanks for the analogy mom :)). I kept feeling like I heard Peyton crying and I'd reach for a binky. It was so nice to be able to do things for myself and spend time with Aaron. Aaron thought I was funny about how excited I would get over little things like being able to read a book and have a drink on the plane and concluded by saying, "I think you needed this trip alot more than I did."
So...you get that it was great! Aaron presented his poster and actually won $500! He was completely surprised. Totally awesome though. He works so hard and I really appreciate all the sacrifice's he does for our family. Aside from why we actually went down there, we enjoyed sleeping in every morning, playing tennis, hanging out at the pool and beach, going out to eat, shopping, walks, and just spending time together. We don't get much of that without kids. We concluded that we need to do something like this once a year. Any takers on child care and funding? just kidding.

My sweet sweet sister Chelsey watched the girls here while we went. And oh...do I love her. I think I gave her enough birth control for awhile after being thrown up on in the face and having to take care of poor little Hallie who got a nasty bug. Cho, you are the best! If you ever decide to have kids after that, I will gladly return the favor :).



This is the view from our deck in our room

Aaron's Poster





My good lookin hubby!


Now..it's back to reality. I need to get my butt in gear. Aaron will be graduating soon. We found a house! And we'll be moving soon. More to come. I will do catch up soon.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Seriuosly, the things you take for granted before you have kids: going to the bathroom by yourself, finishing a meal before some or all of it gets cold, deciding to concentrate on a task until it's done, eating a treat without little voices wanting some....I could go on. But then again you didn't have the I love you's, the kisses and hugs, the thank you notes, the laughter, or the joy. So I guess it is a good trade. But I'm still looking forward to my own little vacation :)

Chelsey Meier said...

It looks so pretty there! I'm glad you guys could finally go on a little get-away. It was so fun to watch your girls! I love them! (sick or not)They really are cutest girls. Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Nancy K said...

There was a sports med conference at the same place and time going on that Steve went to. Sadly, I did not get to go! Yeah for your sister for watching your kids!

Family Scads said...

Two words - FREAKING JEALOUS! I am so glad that you had a great time. You deserved it. Congrats to Aaron also.

I am going to miss you so much...seriously Heather, what am I going to do without you? I bet that you are thrilled that you don't have to always take care of me. Hopefully we'll see you soon. We are taking weekly trips to Iowa City, so we will stop by and say goodbye before you go.

Jen said...

How fun! So great to take some time to be alone and recharge before all heck breaks loose with graduation and moving! Sorry we missed you guys last night. We ended up staying later than I thought. See you tomorrow

Kristi said...

I'm looking forward to an escape like this someday. Good luck with all the preparations for life's next adventures.

Heidi Miller said...

I can't wait to do this someday too. You have inspired me Heather! Congrats on the win Aaron!

Aggieland Mom said...

Can I just say that I am SUPER envious?! How fun! Your sister is an angel.

thecherries said...

Sisters are the BEST! Happy to hear that you two got away for a little bit and I LOVED your mom's analogy of feeling like you forgot your pants when your childless. HA! Congrats on San Antonio as well!

Heidi Miller said...

Time for a new post with pics of your house. We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)