March Captured Sayings
Hallie’s Captured Sayings
March 2010
• When talking about loving our family:
Me: “Did you know some kids don’t have mommies and daddies?”
Aaron: “Can you imagine your life without a mommy or daddy?”
Hallie: “Ya. That could be dangerous! Like who would help me cross the street?”
• Hallie and Peyton love to pretend they are dogs. Aaron jokingly said, “ahh! There’s a dog in our house!” Hallie yells back, “Daddy, CALM DOWN! It’s not a real dog!”
• Hallie was helping me do something and Peyton came up pretending to be a dog. “um…sorry Mommy, but I have a puppy to go take care of.”
• “My favorite colors are purple, blue and golden. Because golden is such a beautiful color.”
• “Do your best.” (Hallie says this to me in a very motherly voice if I ever tell her I’m trying.)
• Started adding the ED sound at the end of her words. It’s funny.
Me: “I love you Hallie.”
Hallie: “I love you too. Hey! We just love ED each other.”
She pretends that she is pregnant a lot by putting a baby up her shirt and walking around. Then all of a sudden, WOW! A baby falls out and Hallie says, “I hatch ED!” (I think we’ve been watching too much of the owl)
• “I’m worried” or “I’m worried about you.” (Great. She already has the Benson gene. I swear I don’t say that!)
• Gave her first scripture and prayer at church in Primary. She was so excited and it was so cute. She said the prayer all by herself.
• Talks in a motherly voice a lot. This isn’t new, but has been way more than usual this month. I overhear her saying this to Peyton a lot when they’re playing. “You’re so sweet. Yes you are. You’re so sweet.”
• While packing a lunch to go to the park for playgroup: “Well Mommy, let’s bring a cookie for each of my friends. Because if they see me eating one it will make them sad and they would want one.”
• “Did you know I’m the only Hallie in town? That is so special!”
• “Mommy, what was your dance teacher’s name?” Me: “Colleen” “Oh! Did she look just like a queen?”
Peyton’s Captured Moments
March 2010
(20 months)
• Says, “Hal” all the time. She finally learned to say “Howie” (Hallie) and Hallie said, “No Peyton, you can just call me Hal.”
• Saying new words every day. Her vocabulary has really taken off this month. Some of her favorites, Bugel (bagel), Bebe (baby) , Melmo (Elmo), buckle, whale, show, birdie, peas (please), all her body parts (belly butt is her fav.)…
• When we are out in public every man she sees, she points and yells, “dada”!
• Has “the look” down and gives it proudly when she’s mad. Also has “the stare down” mastered. She could win anyone in a staring contest and when she is not happy about something, she will stare you down until she feels that you know she’s mad.
• LOVES to pretend she’s a dog. Every morning when I go to get her out of bed. She is on her hands and knees with her tongue out panting like a dog. And it continues throughout the day as she comes barking at me until I pet her and say “nice doggy”.
• Started singing. Can’t understand a word she’s saying, but it is so cute.


3 comments:
That is so cute! Hallie is so funny! It is so fun to see your kids' personalities coming out.
Love those girls! I laughed out loud about Colleen looking like a queen! I'm still laughing. She is sooooo far on the opposite side of the spectrum with her black ensemble and black beehive and strong voice!
I LOVE that you do these!! I need to start. It is such a goos idea!! Soooo cute!!!
Post a Comment