{ OUR NEW LITTLE ARRIVAL }
Kyler Jay O'Brien
February 9, 2011 1:29 p.m.
8 lbs 1 oz 20 in
![]() |
| My good friend Meg (who's husband works with Aaron) had her baby girl Emily on the same day! |
For the record (and those who like the "story"):
I was scheduled to get an induction on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday (my due date), I was headed to bed ready to get a good nights rest before the big morning. Well...I didn't quite ever make it to bed. I started feeling a little sick and then by 2:30 a.m. my contractions had started. Going into labor on my own and feeling painful contractions is very new to me because I never had them with my girls until they put me on pitocin. So, I sat up researching online for awhile about whether or not I was really in labor and at what point you're supposed to go in. I did NOT want to go in and have them tell me I'm an idiot and wasn't really in labor. So I tried waiting it out until 7 a.m., which is when I was scheduled to go in. Well...by about 4:30 a.m., Aaron told me that I was being silly, was definitely in labor and that we were going in. We called my sweet friend Brittanie and she headed over to watch the girls. (on a side note: I went in to kiss the girls and Hallie had woken up. I told her that I was going in to have the baby and she said, "Wait! Take Kinter! She'll help you!" (Kinter is her pillow pet :)))
They admitted me to the hospital and by this point I was hurting pretty bad. We had to wait for awhile because they were just doing shift changes and all I could think about was how bad I wanted an epidural. I honestly have no idea why people would do it without! It is so heavenly!!! I was dying!
So I got my epidural when I was dilated to about a 5 and things were going great after that. The babies baseline heartrate was low to begin with, but they seemed to not be too worried about it. I reached a 7, and that's when things started to get a little scary. The contractions were coming too frequently (more than one a minute), and every time I contracted the babies heart rate dropped concerningly low without enough time between contractions to come back up. They had me move around to a few different positions but it didn't really help. Next thing I know, about 8 people rush into the room, have worried looks all over their faces, lots of talking, turning, putting oxygen on me and then I hear, "It looks like we are headed for a c-section. We are concerned about the baby." They start prepping me for it.They gave me a shot of adrenaline to try and slow my contractions down, along with some other things that made me shake uncontrollably. I start panicking, crying, telling them I really didn't want to have a c-section, etc. I had never felt such a worry before. It's hard when you see the doctors and nurses being worried and concerned and not knowing what to do. I was so worried that this little sweetie wasn't going to make it.
Well I did lots of quick praying and promising to the Lord in those scary minutes and I honestly know this is why things went up hill. Prayer works and Heavenly Father watches over us. Soon after, Dr. Funk (who had been in clinic 25 min. away all morning) made it and all of a sudden the baby started to do better, and we were able to avoid having a c-section. I relaxed a little more, and just knew things were going to be okay. Dr. Funk checked me and said that I was dilated to a 10, 100% effaced and the baby's head had dropped more. The midwife who had been by my side the whole time and was so great, couldn't believe it. I did one push, and our sweet little guy arrived! His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and his chest!
I am just so thankful for this sweet little angel. We had a few scares, but it all worked out and he is perfect! This was for sure my worst/scariest labor and delivery, but I know that things could have been much worse. Guess sometimes you have to have a few scares along the way, right?
We have struggled with a name. We had about 8 to choose from and couldn't decide. We left the hospital still with no name :). My sister Chelsey said, "How do you leave the hospital without picking a name yet?" I told her I hadn't had time to think about it. And she said, "You've had 9 months!" ha ha. Well, we decided on Kyler Jay. Hallie is so excited because she's wanted to call him Ky from the beginning. Jay was Aaron's Grandpa's middle name and was a big role in Aaron's childhood. Peyton however, says, "His name is BOY! It not gonna be Ky. Howie call him Ky and I call him Boy!" We love our little Kyler and are so thankful he's part of our family!














36 comments:
That story gives my goose bumps! I'm so glad everything well well and that mom and baby are both healthy and happy! Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy with such a cute name! Love it! Congrats!!!
I love him!!!! It is so crazy to see a little boy that is a perfect mix of your girls. I'm so glad you are both ok and that your mom is coming for so long. Can't wait to talk to you. Love you guys!
Congratulations! I am glad that he arrived safely! By the way, you look like a model in your pictures :) Your hair is nicely done and your make up is on. I hope you are getting some rest. Let me know if you need anything.
Teary eyed! So beautiful. The pictures, the mother, the baby, the name. I am so excited for you Heather. What a blessing to have things go smoothly in the end. I'm sure Heavenly Father did hear your prayers. He is one good looking baby boy! Oh I just love baby boys!!! Can't wait to hold him.
So cute! I loved seeing all the pictures and can't wait to see more as he gets older! I hope you and mom have a good time together and I'm so glad she's there to help you with the transition to 3!
All I can say is I am crying my eyes out!!!!! So happy everything is good...
Love, Kristy
He's so handsome!!! He's a prefect mix of your little girls!! Love the name and his chunky cheeks!! Can't wait to meet him!
So fun to see an O'Brien boy!! You know Heather . . . your babies are seriously beautiful! Some babies look all squished and swollen when they come out, but not yours . . . perfectly perfect. I can't believe how much his eyes are opened! He is so precious and um . .. how do you look so alive and good after just giving birth!! Miss and love you
Seriously he is PRECIOUS! He is absolutely beautiful! Wow! Beautiful family and you look amazing!! Good work you guys! I cant stop looking at his sweet face!!
SOOOOOO Beautiful!!!! I love him already!!! Can't wait to meet him for real!!!
Heather, Brian and I are sitting here oowing and awwing at how cute he is! I think he is quite possibly the cutest newborn I have EVER seen, seriously. Congratulations!
Heather, I was so nervous reading your story and then... so happy that things turned out well. I know from experience that scary, horrible feeling with the doctors running around! It's crazy to see them all out of sorts. Your son is amazing. So beautiful. So perfect. Congratulations to you and Aaron and your girls!
Hoey! He is perfect!He is SO cute! I love him already. I can't wait to hold the little cutie soon! I'm so happy that everything turned out ok! You're amazing!
Also I love that Peyton is going to call him Boy.
Love you!
Chels
Wow! He really is so handsome already!!! I am so glad everything worked out and that you are both healthy. I LOVE Kyler's name! Congratulations and I am so happy for your beautiful family!!! All our love!
Oh my gosh Heather he is adorable! I love all the pictures. I am sorry it was such a traumatic experience but I am glad that he is here healthy and happy! Congrats!
So scary. I'm glad things worked out okay! He is a beautiful boy!!! And you look beyond amazing too!
Congratulations Heather and Aaron! What a sweet little boy you have. Boy's are a lot of fun (and kind of gross cuz well, they are boys after all). So glad he arrived safely. Enjoy your new little one!
Congrats Heather! I love the name, and I'm glad everything turned out okay. Good Luck with 3!!!
Aaron,
It's a mini you man! He totally looks like his pops. Congrats you two!!
He is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Congrats! I'm glad that he is doing well after quite a scare! I LOVE the pics of your girls holding him. They are so cute and I'm sure they are thrilled to have a baby brother.
Heather- I thought you were going to name him Fletcher!!! We had the talk at Christmas and I thought it was all set. But I actually love that name you and Ob decided on. We all agree at our home that name is a perfect name for an All American Quarterback someday. Best of luck in your recovery. We are glad your sweet mom can come and help run the home for a while!! We wish you the best of luck this might not be the most appropriate time to say this but we have decided boys are harder to raise then girls!! So good luck:) Love- Brandon Rhoads Family
Congratulations Heather and Aaron! He is so adorable it melts my heart! I'm glad the labor ended up going well at the end, what a scary feeling- I was getting teary eyed. Your girls are so cute, I love that Hallie offered you her pillow pet. I'm excited for you guys! We miss you!
Congratulations! He is so adorable. I'm so glad that you didn't have to get a c-section. I love the name too!
So cute. Congratulations. He really is adorable. We might be in Dallas this summer, if we come we will have to plan a time to come see you guys some time. Enjoy him, With the third it seems they grow up way to fast because you are so busy.
Heather!!! Congratulations! Your story was making me cry! I'm so glad things turned out alright. Prayer really does work. Good luck with these next few sleepless months. It really doesn't last long enough.
Yea, Congratulations! Sounds a lot like my delivery experience with Caroline, and I am so glad that everything was okay. He is so cute!!!
What a beautiful little boy! Get ready for trucks, tractors, and dirt! It's so fun! So glad he arrived safely.
Oh my goodness! What an absolutely perfect, beautiful baby boy! And your girls are complete angels! We miss you and love you! I have a daughter loving in Houston and my son will be working in Dallas all summer. What city are you in? Email me when you can. rjbjanderson@netscape.net
Good job on the name! love it! He is adorable heather...i think he looks just like his daddy!!! Im sure Aaron is very proud! You did awesome, so glad he is healthy and got here safe. Im happy for you, you didn't have to have a c-section! prayers are amazing, and you were very blessed! So so so happy for your darling family!
Wow what a story. It truly shows so much faith and that our Heavenly Father really does watch over us if we just ask. Your little guy is precious and I think he looks a lot like Peyton. Kyler is an adorable name. I am so glad that you both are doing well. Such a precious family.
Oh, the sweetest boy! Hallie and Peyton were beautiful from the very beginning and Kyler of course is adorable. Congrats! Can't say hearing the delivery story didn't get me jittery for my own coming up in a couple months :)
Oh my goodness! He is so darling! I want to just cuddle him and give him kisses. Your little family is so cute! Glad Mom and Baby are going well. Have fun with your mom being there! Love your guts!
He's perfect and you look gorgeous. I can't wait to see Boy...Ky!
HE IS PERFECT AND ADORABLE!!! I love his little round face. Thanks for sharing all the pics. His name is perfect too.
Soooo adorable! We can't wait to meet him! We were thinking about coming down maybe next weekend. I'll call you this week!
He's such a handsome little boy! Congratulations and I'm glad that everything went well in the end.
Post a Comment