{ HALLIE'S ART SHOW }
During the month of February, Hallie's preschool studied different artists. With each artist the kids learned about, they got to make a piece of artwork that portrayed the style. At the beginning of March the school held an artshow for the public to come view and Hallie was SO excited! She LOVES art and is really creative. Ever since she was little she's told me that she wants to be a mommy artist when she grows up.
It was cute how paticular she was about what she looked like for her artshow. She insisted on wearing a dress. "The most colorfullest dress that looks like art" she said. And the shoes..."I have to wear my golden shoes because they are the most artiful of all!"
(I'm not sure what this new smile was she had going on this night. I was laughing because it was the same in every picture. ha ha.) We had a fun night and went out for ice cream to celebrate afterwards.
My Starry Night
(like Van Gogh)
mobiles like Alexander Calder
This was a class project the kids did for a fundraising auciton (like Jackson Pollock). When I saw this I had to smile because it gave me alot of explanation into why Hallie came home with blue paint all over in her hair one day. I couldn't imagine how she would've gotten paint clear in the back of her head. (He would take his paint brush behind his head and flick it :)).
Beautiful
(by Hallie)
"It's a picture of something beautiful"
The class made this newspaper sculpture
Hallie and her friend Alyssa
Water Lilies
(like Claude Monet)

Painting "BIG!"
(like Georgia O'Keeffe) (the orange one is hers)
This was her favorite artist. I was so surprised when she came home from school one day and just said randomly, "Georgia O'Keeffe is my favorite artist". That's quite the name for a little 4 yr. old to remember.
Hallie and her friend Clare (I love that she totally struck a pose :))
Concentric Circles
(like Wassily Kandinsky)
They each made a square of this and are hanging it up in their school. I think it looks so cool. Hallie's is the far left middle one.
Hallie loves her new teacher Ms. Shem (started in December). She's great!










4 comments:
That is AWESOME!!!
so cool! And i think she did a great job on the "artiful outfit!" :)
this is amazing! what a great preschool teacher you have!!! i will totally do this with my preschool kids. i love it. beautiful.
Hallie is quite the little artist. I don't even know who half of those artists are. How fun to go to an art show.
Post a Comment