March 9, 2011

{ Week One }

my jaundice and albino kids :). ha ha.
I stayed 24 hours at the hospital and was for sure ready to come home. (it was definitely not my 5 star hotel stay at the Iowa hospital :).) We had one day alone and then my mom came to help!!! I'm SO glad she was able to come. And SO SO glad she was able to stay for 2 weeks. She will never know how much I appreciate everything. She's the best!

A few days after she got here we had quite the run of sicknesses. Peyton got a UTI, then the pukes/stomach ache/diarrhea/fever, etc. I got a horrible sinus infection. Hallie had a double ear infection, one ruptured, then got the pukes, achy flu and everything Peyton had. And then I got it all too! Fun times!

Aaron was still on Trauma, working nights and almost 80 hours a week. So we rarely saw him. Which left my mom to have to take care of us all! Poor thing! I was seriously on the couch, completely out of it for 4 days.I don't remember the last time I was that sick. I would lather in hanitizer all over my body to feed Kyler and then hand him back over to my mom. It was so hard not to love on him. And the girls were so tired of us saying, "Don't touch Kyler! You're too close!" My mom and I were quite the germ freaks. Peyton kept saying, "Pweese I just give him a wittle squeeze? a WITTLE squeeze!"
My mom didn't sit down for a second unless I forced her to come have a drink with me. ha ha.She cleaned non stop, organized my cupboards, played a bazillion games of UNO with Hallie, taught her how to tie a bow, played and did so much with my kids, etc. Not to mention our ticket to ride nights! We loved having her here. Peyton likes to tease my mom and get a rise out of her. She thought it was so funny to say, "I don't wike Gwanma. Your a booger poop!" And she'd laugh so hard. Little stinker.

The whole way home from the airport she cried, "I want my gwanma back!" I lost count after 30 how many times she actually said it. We love you Mom! Thanks for everything! You're the best. I'm wishing you were still here with me. We have so much fun together. Even if it is cause we're getting freaked out by the creepy hand! ha ha.


If you didn't know by now, Hallie loves to celebrate! She had this great surprise for me planned and couldn't wait to ask Grandma to help her with it. She wanted to make me a cake for having a baby. She made me the cutest card that was an invitation to come to the party. But first I had to find "20 dots" on the invitation. (she wrote 20 dots and had drawn 20 dots all around the invitation for me to find.) She's so sweet. It was cute to see how excited she was about it. Thanks for humoring her mom.


So nice to have my mom put them to bed every night. They loved it.

My mom brought the girls these hula outfits back from Hawaii. They had a blast turning on some Hawaiian music and dancing around. It was so funny to watch.

They LOVE getting mail in their mailbox. Hallie seriously checks it everyday. I wish I had gotten a picture of her face when she opened it up on Valentine's day. Her jaw dropped open so wide and she was so excited. She got some fun Valentine's from Grandma Robin and Grandpa Danny and her cousins.
And I can't forget about vampire girl. Hallie's had a silly pair of these for awhile and Peyton has been so envious of them. Aaron gave them a new pair and she is so hilarious with them. She tries to sneak them in bed with her every night. And wears them all the time. She even crawls out of her bed at night with them in to scare us. ha ha.

9 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously, you don't even know how much I have loved reading this update! I love your family and I am so happy to see your cute faces in all these pictures. Laney keeps telling me "the snow is melting, it's time to go to Texas" or "can I call Heather? I miss her!" lol I hope you guys stay well for a bit! Give Kyler a billion kisses for me! Miss you!

Jared said...

Yay! It is about time you posted! jk I know you are busy! Kyler is such a doll! What a cute baby! Can't wait to see him. The girls are so stinkin cute! Love their little personalities! I'm so glad mom could go! looks like fun! (minus all the sickness.) Love you sissy!

SarahandJD said...

Heather! Love baby Kyler he is so handsome. I'm so excited the girls have a little brother. I totally feel for you when you mom left. I hope you guys are settling in with the new baby. Love the pics. I really need som picture skills.way to post.maybe you will motivate me.

Jason said...

He is the cutest thing, Heather! What a sweetheart.

Jason said...

And that was not Jason, it was Chelise. Sorry :)

Candice said...

SO FLIPPING CUTE!!! I'm so sorry to hear about being sick but I'm glad you had Robyn there to help, just move here already!!

The Francis Family said...

Your kids are so cute Heather! I'm so sorry you were so sick! I'm glad you're loving it though! Good luck and drop your kids off here sometime and get some just you and Kyler time!!

Krystine Stephenson said...

I love your mom, she's so great! Things always seem to get so crazy right after a baby(maybe so you can think it's easy when it's all normal again!).
He's so cute! Congrats!!

Krystine

Mary Ann said...

Heather- he is SO cute! He has such an adorable face. I love his little feet and I love the proud siblings. :) Congratulations! I hope everything's going great!