"You are not my favorite!"
So today was one of those days. Or should I say weeks. Aaron has been super busy this month with the SICU (Surgery Intensive Care Unit), which means the girls don't see much of him and they see ALOT of me. I don't know what the terrible 2's were that people talk about. For us, it's for sure the 3's. What happened to my sweet Hallie? For the past 3 days this is what Hallie has said to me:
Hallie:"Mommy, know what?"
Me: "What?"
Hallie: "You are not my favorite today. Daddy is my favorite."
And then there's this conversation today:
Me: "Hallie, please come here honey so I can do your hair."
Hallie: "rrrrrr. Mommy know what?"
Me: "What sweetie?"
Hallie: "You are just really driving me crazy today!"
Me: "Do you even know what that means Hallie?"
Hallie: "ummmm.....no."
She is a stinker, but a funny one at that I guess.
I have to remember that this little Hallie is adorable even when my patience gets a little thin after pretty much communicating these days with only a 3 and 1 year old about babies, princesses, Dora, and trying to get her to understand how she is not really a mommy yet.
I guess I did something right today because tonight she decided she'd say this.
"Mommy, you are not my favorite today. Daddy is my favorite. But it's okay. I still love you."
Lucky Daddy! Maybe he should watch her for a day so I can be the new fav :). Wish I could just play with her all day and not have to discipline. On second thought, I don't want to be the one working 88 hour weeks. I'll take not being the favorite I guess.


15 comments:
Oh Heather... Addie has just begun going through this. She is 2 1/2... i hope it doesn't get worse!
Being a mom is the best. I love hearing "I want Daddy!". I always have to think, "Me too! Because I want to rip my hair out right now!". :)
Too funny. Sorry Ho. You are an awesome mom, and don't forget it! My kids all call John the big boss(I'm the little one) and they say that he knows everything, not me.
that is so funny. I will probably cry the first time Ava says that you me. But apparently you haven't reached motherhood til something like that happens :) Let me know when your coming into town. I would love to see you!
Oh Heather - we need to talk! I just told Wes this same thing - River was GREAT at 2, and now that he's 3 he thinks he knows everything! He always tells me to stop bugging him, and other things along those lines. It's good to know he's not the only one!
I know what you mean about the terrible 3s. At least she still has plenty of cute moments as it sounds like from all your comments. Also- I love your hair in that picture, it looks so pretty!
i don't know how you do it Heather. You are so brave. I love the picture at the top by the way. Okay, so this is random, but I have to tell you that I had the strangest dream the other day and you and I and Chels and K were at someone's house and we discovered an infestation of these nasty huge beetle type bugs . . . and YOU were picking them up and inspecting them. SICK! I couldn't believe it. You were so brave, while I was trying to frantically smash them all with a broom. Okay, so that was wierd, but I had to tell you.
Can we trade! I would glady take that over Tommy lately. He physically punched me about 20 times when I was disclipining him about not riding his bike in the street without me there. Good times!
Little miss sassy pants! Just kidding. Nate is looking at this right now and is thrilled to see picks of Hallie. We miss you guys. p.s. I was not teasing you about spelling Milwaukee that way, I really thought you were teasing me! I did not mean to tease you:)
That's hilarious! Don't you want to come back to Iowa to have fun meetings while our hubbies are busy?
I love it! I feel the same way when Kallie says "I'm Daddys Girl!!" And she isn't even 2 yet... ahh. Did you take these pictures Heather? The ones of Peyton and Hallie are so awesome!
Heather, I love looking at your blog. Your family is the cutest adn your stories are so fun to read. Thanks for writing me back about the headbands....it does make sense. I can't help but wonder if in some way we are realted...my maiden name is Briggs.
Looks lik ei have some family history to do :) Have fun with those cute girls of yours!
Hey Heather-
I wanted to let you know that I didn't mean to give you the cold shoulder and not respond to your email before about joining the crafty clique! I meant to write you back and respond because I DO remember you guys! Sadly, it was like our last week there. I miss the ward already!
Anyways, I'm so glad you joined it and can't wait to see what everyone adds to it :)
Your girls are adorable and I agree with the age of 3...it's SO much worse then 2. Luckily, around 4, it starts to fade...or I hope that's the case with my second. My oldest was a nightmare. Especially when I tried to take her to Gold's Gym. She was the bully...pushing galore! Anyways, have a great time in San Anotnio, if you ever have a question about anything there in town, feel free to ask. I got to know the place pretty well!
Found your blog, wanted to say your girls are SO cute! Hopefully we can get to know one another better. I'm sure if Kyle would talk he's day I'm not his favorite too :).
Es ist schade, dass ich mich jetzt nicht aussprechen kann - es gibt keine freie Zeit. Aber ich werde befreit werden - unbedingt werde ich schreiben dass ich in dieser Frage denke. viagra ohne rezept viagra rezeptfrei schweiz [url=http//t7-isis.org]cialis bestellen[/url]
Post a Comment