Hallie's Dance Recital
Hallie absolutely LOVED doing this little dance class. What I loved most throughout this whole process was watching her confidence rise. The little smirk on her face says it all. She practiced her moves at home non-stop and would not have it if I tried to help her with anything (hence the way she puts her hands on her hips :)). She has been lovin making up her own moves as well and likes to teach them to Peyton and I. Every week she planned a new move she was going to show her friends and teacher. One week, she must have gained enough confidence to show them and lucky for me, I witnessed the whole thing. It was hilarious. Nancy was in the middle of teaching them something...they are all standing on their letter in first position listening...Hallie looks to both sides of her...has this look on her face like "I'm gonna do it!"...then takes a few steps forward off her letter, turns around to her friends (all while her hands are still on her hips) and says, "Hey guys! Watch this!"....She then continues to do this sweet spin and smiles so proud.....I don't know if anyone thought it was as funny as I did, but I could totally just see what she was thinking in that little mind of hers. I loved it.Anyways...she LOVED dance class and has already asked me when she can take some more classes. I love my little Hallie!
For the fam...
For the fam...
P.S. They all got to bring a dog to dance with. The first day they were all asked what their dogs name was. Of course I was expecting her to say Baby Peyton because every baby she owns minus one is named that...but oh no...it comes her turn and she says, "my dog's name is Panty"! Lovely!
For proof of her confidence...this was in front of about 30 people. It was hilarious!

12 comments:
THIS IS NOT THE HALLIE THAT I MET WHEN I FIRST CAME TO IOWA!! She is really getting so big Heather! Hope you have fun with your fam during the break!
so dang cute! I loved it!
oh my goodness I CAN NOT WAIT to see you guys! She is so cute! I can't believe how outgoing she is. She really is a good dancer. You can tell she wants to get everything just right! Thanks for posting SistA!
That is the cutest thing! She is such a cute little dancer! Looks like you are having fun in San Antonio. It makes me miss that place. We had season passes as a kid to Sea World which was a child's dream at least it was to me.
Heather, thanks so much for posting those videos! She is so sweet! I love blogger just for this reason, I get to see her recital I couldn't go to. She is so stinking cute, and I can't wait until you guys come!
Natalie
Hallie by far was the best dancer out there :) You guys should be proud!
And I am jealous of your Sea World outings too.
I miss you guys!
I can't even believe how old Hallie seems! Love the dancing video. I wish Laney could take dance class. She would love that. I can't wait to see some pics from Halloween. ps- thanks for the tip on the Old Navy sale. I didn't score like you did but I got a few awesome deals. I miss shopping with you. :)
That is tooooooo cute Heather. Oh, hearing you guys on the video made me miss you. She is such a doll. I can't wait to see how she progresses with Dance. May just be her thing huh??
That was adorable Heather! I could not believe that was shy little Hallie out there. So cute! I can't wait to put Gwen in dance...we just have to wait for flu season to be over. Yuck!
I totally miss seeing you all! Nate has an interview next week at the U of I for his grad program. We want him to get in there really bad. It will be sad though with you guy not there.
I miss you!
SO Cute!!! What a big girl!
Nate was looking at this with me and said, "why is she only wearing underwear?!"
Post a Comment