Easter Fun
We had some fun Easter activities around here. Here's a few:
My friend Brittanie had a fun Easter party at her house. The girls loved the egg hunt. Hallie was all about it. Peyton was done after she found her first egg and realized there was candy in it. She plopped right down and ate her candy while all the other kids ran around getting the rest. She was content. Hallie was nice enough to collect her eggs too :).
(Do you like Hallie's "ankle warmers"?)
I made and ate these delicious cookies. YUM!
Dyed some easter eggs. (yes we have jammie days quite often lately and poor Peyton's hair shows it :))
Best invention ever for kids dying eggs : Eggs in a wisk. It is so less stressful! We were all happy.
I swear our luck this year is crappy because it seems like Aaron is on call (30 hour shift) almost every holiday. He did make it home in time to...
make robin egg lips/play with the girls, eat our ghetto bunny bread,
I'm embarrased to post this because it is by far my worst bunny, and looks so gross, but it makes me laugh and remember that day. Note to self for next year: Don't wait till the night before to go buy dough. Don't settle for HEB and buy the last Rhodes dough mix that is half opened and partially already unthawed. Just go to another store no matter how tired you are and how loud Peyton is screaming. Remember to buy raisins so you don't improvise with jelly beans that end up melting and looking like bloody eyes. Make sure your cooking oil isn't expired. (can you tell it was an awesome day?) It still tasted good though.
have an egg hunt in the yard, and search for easter baskets that the Easter Bunny had hid in the dryer!
Then he hit the sack and "we" watched a wonderful session of General Conference and took an Easter Walk (thanks Mom).














7 comments:
Okay, I'm STILL laughing over the bunny bread. Seriously, that is one scary looking bunny! You're kids are so cute, and I'm excited about the whisk idea. Then Macy's fingers won't be green for days! Love your guts! Move back here!
I want to learn to make bunny bread!!! The girls dresses in these last pictures are DARLING!! That picture of the girls hunting by the pink house?? look professional!!
Haha that Bunny cracks me up. So funny. Your cookies look awesome though! You should have seen the nasty butterfly cookies I made for the primary activity. Yuck.
Love you. The pictures are all so pretty!
Peyton is so old! And I remember your sugar cookies are amazing :)
Is that little pink house in your yard? How cute! I hop yall are well! We miss you!
Glad to see the bunny bread is back...Your cookies look yummy. Too bad I'm not close enough to get a few!!Whisk great idea. I still have my eggs boiled in the fridge and not dyed!!
laughed out loud when I read about your bunny jelly bean eyes. love you!
Post a Comment