Arizona Trip
I LOVE that my sister Chelsey is living in Houston for the summer! In June she came to my house and road tripped it with me and the girls to Arizona where we met up with the rest of my family. It was a blast. The girls did really well on the drive. I thought we were in trouble when only 45 minutes into the drive Hallie asked if we were there yet. But she survived and we had fun. It was so great to spend time with the family. We missed Jordan, Jared and Aaron though. They all had to work. We did lots of swimming, shopping and just hanging out. My kind of vacation.
Hallie loved having her cousins to play with. Avery, Macy and Hallie always hit it off from the second they see each other. And they all play together so well. I love it.
I don't know...do you think Hallie might sink? She was hillarious with all her getup. I convinced her a few times to only choose one, but this is what she looked like the majority of the time. Needless to say, we start swim lessons on Wednesday :).
Watching her try to get up and down into the water was quite entertaining for me as well as everyone around. She was just a little too wide to fit through, but she was determined to fit. (coming up and going down)
Peyton didn't do much swimming. Instead this is what she enjoyed...DUSTIN!!! He is so awesome. He never lets me get a picture of him so I have to sneak some. This explains how his trip went. Peyton led him around everywhere and he pretty much did whatever she wanted. Kids love him. Peyton would even yell in her sleep at night "Dust! I want Dust!" . She prefered him over me anyday and we are still talking about him everyday. She loves him and followed him around everywhere. Thanks for being such a great sport Dust. Love you!
My aunt Jeena and uncle Tim live in Phoenix and came to hang out with us. We played lots of cards. And I REALLY struggled. REALLY! Must have been my chair Dad :).
My Dad had just gotten back from Chicago and was so cute to bring Peyton an early bday present. I love that he picked it all out and was so excited to give it to her. He's so cute. Peyton LOVES her Bitty Baby and won't have to steal Hallie's all the time now.
The following picture makes me smile because the happy moments between these two were very few and far between. Kate was so sweet and Peyton...well...not so much. Anytime Kate got near Peyton, Peyton would rise up on her tip toes, clench those fists, eyes wide and yell, "PAAAATTTEEE!!!" It got so bad she would do this even if she saw Kate in the same room. We have a friend here who's little girls name is Pate, so I'm guessing that's why she called her that. But at home she always calls her Kate. By the end of the trip we were all calling her Pate. ha ha. I felt so bad that Peyton was so mean. Kate is so sweet and just stood there with a smile on her face like "what is going on?".
Well one time, Peyton wasn't screaming "Pate" and instead we found this. Kate was handing Peyton one swim diaper after another and Peyton was putting them all on. It was cute and they were laughing and having fun.
Until she tried to stand up and walk and realized she couldn't move.
We got to see my good friend Chelise and her little girl Drew while we were there too! They did medical school with us in Iowa and are now in Phoenix doing an ortho residency too. It was so fun to see them. (thanks for the pic Chelise)
And a few from the ghetto camera...
Loving the ice cream...until she realized how messy she was.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time!





















6 comments:
A bitty baby?!? That is the reason everyone should have a girl--right? I loved American Dolls growing up! So fun!
I'm glad the driving went well. I'm terrified for when we head out! YIKES.
What a fun trip. Who needs swimming lessons when they have a blow-up airplane?
okay, time to come to Utah. Maybe just move here :)
What a fun time! I love Hallie's little get up for swimming. I am glad that the drive was too terrible!
PS - Your camera takes great pictures!
Hallie's hair looks so cute in all of her pictures! Also, I heard that Peyton was holding Brennan's hand at church the other week and I'm determined we need to switch that for Tyson's hand :) We need to get together soon!
I love Hallie's smile. And the ice cream shot with Peyton is a classic.
Post a Comment