September 11, 2010

Trip to Utah

In August, we took a family trip to Utah. Aaron was able to come for a week (I stayed for 2) and we had such a fun time. He hadn't been back since November. I didn't pull out my camera nearly enough, but there were a few occasions that I did. Can I blame it on pregnancy laziness?!.

Here's some things we did:

*Lots of swimming and slippin slidin

Hallie doing her favorite laying out


*We went to the Heber Rodeo. It was such a good rodeo. They had parachuters, fireworks, and all the other fun rodeo festivities. They girls loved it and thought it was fun to see what Grandma Robin and Grandpa Dick used to do :). My favorite is always the bull riding. I love watching it.



Our niece Saylor was at the beginning of the rodeo and the girls thought that was so fun to see. She's a cutie.
Peyton loves her "Danny" as she calls him. She quickly fell asleep after crawling into his lap.
Hallie and Peyton loved their cowboy hats that Grandma and Grandpa got them. Now they are true Texans.

*We spent some time at the cabin with Aaron's brother Nate and his family. It was fun.

*Grandma Robin and Grandpa Danny took Hallie shopping to pick out some preschool outfits. He sent me this picture from his phone. Hallie loved it. She was so excited that she found the most beautiful dresses. Peyton got one too and she thinks she looks so cute. (I will post pics soon). Thanks Mom and Dad. They loved it. That was so sweet of you.


*It was so fun to see our friends the Cannons from Iowa! They moved back to Utah and drove down for the day to see us. Hallie and Tommy were little buds in Iowa. It was fun to get together with them again. I'm not sure if they quite remembered each other (which makes me so sad) but they hit it off again and had a blast swimming and playing together.


I can't believe how big Caroline has gotten.
*We had a girls night with my sisters, mom, and aunts/cousins on my dad's side. I always LOVE getting together with them. We laugh so hard that my cheeks are aching and I feel like I'm going to wet my pants by the end of the night. We went to dinner at Noodles and then got dessert at this cute little place called The Chocolate. It was lots of fun. (my camera died so I didn't get any pics)

I put my girls down to sleep (or so I thought) and Dustin and my dad said they'd be home to "babysit". Well, I get this picture from my dad on his phone. Yah, not quite sleeping :). They were so cute. They took them down to the park, fed the ducks, played and had a good time. My girls love them. I love that Hallie's in her pjs, Peyton has no pants on and they are both looking quite special :). Thanks Dustin and Dad.



*The girls love to play with their cousins. I love when they get together. They pretty much just shut themselves in the toy room and play for hours. We found them all in this attire when it was time for them to go home. Didn't get the best picture, but you get the idea. It was hilarious. They all dressed themselves. I love that Hallie's dress is size 24 months. ha ha.
Silly Grandpa making them laugh.





We did so much more that I didn't take pictures of.
*Girls night to Brick Oven with MIL and SIL's
*Taking nieces/nephew to Shrek 3
*Yummy Bajio and Cafe Rio
*Meeting my mom for lunch and feeding the ducks
*shopping of course
*Celebrating Bill's bday at the park with Aaron's family (and Bill's)
*Aaron's sister Nichole and her cute family just moved back to Utah from New Jersey. We never get to see them so it was lots of fun to get to spend time with them and their cute girls Aja and Gianna.
*Seeing my high school friends
*Spending time with Aaron's family
*Peyton's bday party (in the next post)
*Having my endless supply of pop. I SO wish I would've taken a picture of my Dad's set up. It was great. He's the best.

The trip went way fast. I wasn't quite ready to come back. I always forget how beautiful it is there. I miss the mountains and all the green. Guess going to Utah in August isn't a fab idea because I didn't want to come back to scorching hot humid temps in Texas. I was sad to leave. Hallie was too. She said, "how about you just go and I'll stay here and get babysat." It was a great trip!
(July 28th-Aug.11)

5 comments:

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

Heather, what great pictures!!! So glad you got to go home....looks like you have had a busy summer!

Edwards Family said...

Glad you had such a great trip! So sad that we didn't know you were out in Utah the same time as us :( That's awesome that you got to see Candice and her kids!

The Alands said...

Heather your girls are so cute, love all the pictures. I didn't even know you were in town. Did you say pregnancy laziness? I had no idea you were pregnant, congrats!! I could just be a little slow.

Ashley Packard said...

I am glad that you had a great time in Utah! I was excited when you came back to good old San Antonio!

Chelsey Meier said...

Love all the pictures! Sad we weren't there at the same time. Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!