Summer Fun in Iowa
Aaron is now in his third year of medical school which is very different from his first two years. He now is doing rotations in the hospital and gets to practice what he's learned. Some are great and some not so great. He is currently doing Internal Medicine. I continue to take care of our cutie Hallie and teach in the school district here every now and then. Hallie is getting as big as ever and develops more of her own personality everyday! She is almost 15 months old and still cute as ever. We miss being away from all you family and friends, but are having a great experience here in Iowa! (Sorry that the majority of the pictures are of Hallie. But then again, this whole blog is basically of her :)) And just a warning that there a quite a few pics...
Loving the animals. She thought the goat was pretty great until he tried eating her snack! They had a little kid center where she enjoyed riding the tractors and stuff.
Iowa State Fair is one of the biggest events in Iowa (I think). We have never been so we thought we'd test it out. It was HUGE! And lots of interesting things. They had some of the biggest animals I've ever seen and a cow made out of butter along with a Harry Potter and some other things made out of butter too! All I have to say about that bottom left picture is...that is one massive hemmroid! Holy Crap! Anyways, I think that probably one of my favorite things here was people watching. Aaron and I played the game of "who could find the biggest white trash person". It made for a fun and amusing day. Not to mention we topped it off with the Cheesecake Factory. Wish you could've come dad!
KENT STATE PARK
Kent State Park. Sad that all the pictures I got of Hallie actually looking at the camera on this excursion was while she was holding my beloved other half. How sad!! (it was empty don't worry mom!!) She would carry it around like that all over the beach.
The Field of Dreams (the movie set) is like an hour way from our house. So we couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch the movie and go visit the sight. It was pretty fun. Our friends the Cannons came with us (sorry, I only have a picture of their cute boy) and we had a fun time. Notice my awesome hit into the field. That's right! Softball pro! (Thebottom picture of Hallie is making her fish face!)
We were able to go to Nauvoo a few times this summer. Our most recent trip was with our friend Kadia who got baptized last January. We were able to take her to do baptisms for the first time. It was a great day!
Hallie and I went with some girls from the ward to pick apples at the apple orchard by our house. It was fun to watch Hallie with the basket. She LOVED putting apples in it and carrying it around like it was her little purse. I will admit, this was a sad day for me when I got there in my shorts and flip flops to see that the majority of the girls there were in their SwEaTeRs, PaNtS and ClOsEd ToEd ShOeS!!!! Depressing! I know fall is a great time of year but sad for those like me that need that sun and warmth of summer! Butt cold winter will be just around the corner! But we will enjoy the nice fall weather and pretty leaves until then.... (Do you think Tommy likes apples?)

8 comments:
I love all the pictures. You are such a cute family and it looks like you had a great summer! Hallie is so cute, she is getting so big. Time is flying by, I can't believe it! My kids are almost 1...where has the time gone. I remember like it was yesterday when we planned to wear matching outfits to school but promised everyone it was an accident. Oh the memories! We look forward to hearing about your fun fall adventures! It is my favorite time of the year. I guess we will have to see how I like it in Vegas.
Cute post Heather! Love the pictuers. I especially liked the "butt cold winter" comment. I'm not looking forward to the winter either. Remember when we were both outside at Grantwood for recess?
Cute pictures! You've got such a cute blog!
You guys were able to fit in some fun things this summer! I love the layout of your photo's! You all look so good/cute (I don't know if Aaron wants to be called cute?!?). We just need to find some fun things to do for the winter months as well!
Ho, I love all the pictures! I seriously can't wait until you guys come out here. Mom and I were talking saying how we wished we had the money to fly you out. Too bad all our money went to paying off Macy's hospital bill! I guess we still like her though :) Anyway, I hope that you have a great day and find some killer ideas for entertaining Hallie. Tell OB we love him for loving you! We think he's great!
You really make Iowa seen like a fun and exciting place to live! Which of course, it is. Okay Drew and I are tagging along on some of these fun outings. And I am definitely with you- the thought of winter makes me grit my teeth. Say good bye to the sun =(
I was wondering how you did such wonderful picture layouts? They all look great! Are you a scrapbooker? Is this a computer thing you are doing or is it on paper and then uploaded or scanned? Cute family! Iowa is a great place to raise a family is what I always say!
Post a Comment