February 19, 2008

Mother of the Year/Valentine's Day


Does my child look neglected? We have both been quite sick these last few days and poor Hallie has had to suffer since I feel like two bricks are smashing my head together. Today has been lots better, but poor Hallie has a temp of 103. This is where I found her today. Guess she thought it'd be easier to get her toys if she just crawled on in. And do you love how she got herself something to eat? Please disregard the fact that it was the middle of the afternoon and she's still in her Pj's with snot running down her face, hair not combed! So needless to say, I do not win the mother of the year award! My sweet husband has been so wonderful! Cleaning house, taking Hallie all weekend, going out in butt cold weather to get me my craving!!! He's the best!

Also had to show how cold it is here. This frost and ice is on the INSIDE of our windows! These pictures don't even do it justice. And yes, we turn our heat up high, it just can't keep it warm enough. It has been so awful here. We had another huge ice/snow storm and everything has been cancelled (church, school). Oh, we LOVE this winter (hope you sense the sarcasm)!
We were able to have a great Valentines. Aaron and I were able to go out to my favorite restraurant The Olive Garden. It was SO great. We couldn't even remember the last time we'd been out on a date. It was so great to be able to spend time with my hubby. Hallie enjoyed getting lots of Valentines from family and friends. I'll have to say that "Bampa" is her favorite these days because he sent her the new Elmo movie. We love you all and hope you know how much we appreciate all you do for us! Happy Love Day!

And I couldn't resist putting this adorable picture of Rocco on here (my friend Sarah's baby). He is SO cute. I got to watch him last week and it was so fun. He never stopped smiling. Thanks Sarah and JD for letting me play with him!

11 comments:

Street Fam said...

I can't believe your windows!! I've kept the blinds closed in one of our rooms, b/c I don't even want to see how bad the ice is on the window. I hope you guys feel better soon. Where did you get that toy chest? I need to find one of those!

McGiven Family.... said...

I am sorry you have been sick. It is no fun at all. Hallie is so funny taking care of herself. Sounds like your hubby took good care of you too. I cannot believe that weather. It has been 70 in Vegas, I am so sorry. You are so cute. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Whitney Jensen said...

SOOO cute - and I'm pretty sure all of us mom's can relate to the sick days! I can't believe the frost!!! Good Luck!

Sarah said...

Oh no worries my kids were fending for themselves this weekend and on Mon too. I'm sorry you were sick..sucks! Glad you got to go out for Valentines. You look gorgeous as usual.

Scott and Beth said...

What a big girl!!! That's pretty impressive. Hope you guys feel better soon. And I hope it warms up a bit!!! Love

Natalie said...

You are so beautiful Heather. And don't feel bad about Hallie fending for herself. My kids had to suffer through nine months of that when I was pregnant. I can't BELIEVE the snow and ice inside! You definitely need to move back home! :)

Jen said...

Yuck! So I guess feeling "not to good" turned really bad! Yuck, yuck, yuck. Let me know if I can help.

Beth said...

She is so dang grown up it kills me! I honestly can't even believe how dang cold it must be there. Frost inside? What the heck!! Thats so crazy! I hope you are feeling better!

Nancy K said...

Isn't being sick the worst? Days like that are better when you just stay in your pajamas. I'm impressed you had at least been grocery shopping so that she could have bread to get herself.

Amberly said...

It's sucks being sick when your kids are sick too. I'm so sorry. Hallie is so cute, at least she will be independant and get herself things, when my kids are sick they just cry and whine all day. We have the same ice in our windows, I am right there with you, we are so sick of winter.
Amberly

shay said...

I love the windows! Welcome to Coral Ridge-I mean "THE HAMPTONS"!