July 3, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday #3...

HAPPY 3RD B-DAY TO MY CUTE ADORABLE HALLIE!
I can't believe she's already 3!! I feel so incredibly blessed to have this sweet little girl. She brings so much joy to our little family. Here's some fun things about Hallie:
  • She thinks she's a Mommy. Literally. It started out with 1 "Baby Peyton" (doll) and she now has 5 "Baby Peyton's!" She is quick to correct me or Aaron if we ever say anything like, "you are my sweet little girl,", "come here cutie pie", etc. She will say, "No! I a Mommy! Not a cutie pie!"
    On the same note, I as well feel that I am now a mother of 7. If she sees me get after Peyton for something, seconds later I will here, "Mommy, come get Baby Peyton. Look what's she's doing." And she doesn't give it up unless I get after her babies, give them time outs, feed them, put their clothes on, do their hair, give them snacks, etc, etc.

This is what I found while she was taking a nap. She had told me that she was going to have a baby. And she wasn't kidding. She decided she'd be pregnant while she slept and then the baby would arrive when she woke up.

  • in LOVE with Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (thanks to Grandpa Danny), Clifford, Olivia , Max and Ruby (or maxarudy as she calls it. thanks to Grandma Gayla) and a few others.
  • loves to pretend. Always has had such an imagination so young. Her favorite things to play lately are doctor, grocery shopping, and house.
  • my favorite part of the day is laying in bed with her at night before she goes to sleep and getting the giggles.
  • loves to paint, make pictures, glue... anything art.
  • loves the outdoors. She is ALWAYS happy when she outside doing things.

  • LOVES her little sister Peyton. They are so adorable together and she has always been so excited to have her. Every morning she can't wait to go get her and hug her and show her all the toys she can play with. They are little buds. Peyton just adores her. Just about everytime we are driving in the car we have the following conversation:

    Hallie: Mommy, what is Peyton doing?
    Me: (I look back. Peyton is staring bright eyed with a big grin right at Hallie just waiting for her to acknowledge her.) Oh...she's just looking at you. She really likes you. Hallie: Ohhhhhh....cute. I really really really love Peyton. Hi Peyton. Hi Peyton.Hi! yea? yea? ohhh...Peyton: giggles, giggles and more giggles.
  • pretty darn shy. She loves to sit and observe and take in all her surroundings before she jumps in to do anything. (although it has gotten alot better since we've moved.)
  • LOVES LOVES LOVES to check the mail in hopes that she got a letter. "Mommy, think I got a letter today?" is what I hear everytime we go to there. Also loves sending them.
  • has THE BEST pouty lip face. She has this mastered.

  • loves going to parks. LOVES SLIDES, HATES SWINGS (always has).
  • really into writing her name lately.
  • has the sweetest heart. She is not shy about expressing her feelings. I love that just randomly throughout the day, she will say, "Hey Mommy...I really really really love you." "Hey Daddy, guess what? I love you."
  • Has an AMAZING memory. She remembers things that I don't even. And is always telling me about how nice it was of so and so to give her something.
  • loves to play hide and seek. Sometimes we won't even be playing and I'll just be doing the dishes or something. Then I'll hear, "Hiding!!!". And she will not come out until I find her. This is quite convenient for her when I'm asking her to go pick up her toys or do something else.
  • loves to get and give surprises. This picture pretty much explains what I can find often if I tell Hallie I have a surprise for her. Before I've even come back in the room, she runs to the couch and does this. And if she wants to give me a surprise. She says, "close your eyes, hand out!"

  • has such a love for learning and is very teachable. She is unlike alot of kids her age in that she will sit there for quite awhile being very content and really listen to what you are telling her. She soaks it all in.
  • my little shopping bud. Loves to tell me if things are cute or ugly. Most the time she says, "ugly". But I think she just really gets a kick out of seeing my face after she says that word.
  • always wants a "new" song every night before she goes to bed. If she's heard the song before she doesn't want it. I have become quite creative in the lyrics department if anyone is looking to hire :).
  • favorite colors are purple and blue.
  • loves counting everything.
  • likes to sing "Twinkle Twinkle", "I am a Child of God" and the "Elephant Fair" to her baby Peyton's all the time. And DOES NOT like anyone to sing with her.
  • always saying Please and Thank You for everything. So appreciative of everything she gets.

We had a fun day. It started with me attempting to sing "Happy Birthday" but was quickly stopped because Hallie said it was not aloud to be sung until her party. And SHE wanted to sing it. Then Daddy made Mickey Mouse pancakes and we had a fun breakfast. (Aaron didn't have to work today and Hallie said, "You got the day off cause it's my birthday!!) We went downtown to the Children's Museum and she had a blast. Then we had a little Mermaid party for her. The West's were nice to come and help us celebrate. Hallie had been pretty sad that she couldn't go back to Iowa to have a birthday party with all her friends, but was so excited when she found out her new friends Keslie and Anika would come. She LOVES these girls. They are so darling. It was a nice day. Thanks so much for everyone's phone calls, gifts, and love. She had a wonderful day and said at the end of the day, "I can't wait for my next birthday!"


Here's some pics from the day:



I'm 3!!!

Such a lady! This is what I turned around to see in the car about 2 min. after the museum.

Making the "Mermaid Birthday Cake"




Playing with her new Dora House with friends



I am so glad we have our little Hallie in the family!!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are up way too late!! I was checking to see if there were any new posts before I went to bed and in the middle of my checking (12:12 a.m. which means 1:12 a.m.) this new post popped up. What a fun day you had, and I love your pictures! The car seat pose is the best. Happy 4th!
Love, Mom

Chelsey Meier said...

Oh my I love this little girl! Reading this made me cry. She seriously is such a sweet and special girl. She's hilarious and so full of love! You and Aaron are awesome parents too! I'm glad she had a good birthday! I can't wait to see you guys again. Let's make it sooner than later. Yeah?

Chelise said...

I loved reading this post. Hallie has always been the sweetest little girl! It looks like she loved her birthday. My favorite is her baby Peytons!

AZ is pretty good. We miss you though!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love Hallie and her baby Peytons! And Heather, you've always been good at making up lyrics "Candle on the water baby, candle on the water baby..." And I loved that I got a little sneak peak of your house :)
Natalie

Robbins Family said...

Reading about her conversation in the car and how she loves her sister almost made me cry. She is such an adorable little girl and has such a good heart. I miss that girl! And I really miss you guys! It's fun to hear about all your adventures. I love that picture of Hallie asleep with the baby "in her belly". I can't believe she fell asleep like that! I hope everything is going great!

Tammi said...

Such cute photos! Happy Birthday Hallie! Having a 3 year old in the house is so much fun.

Beth said...

So dang cute. I love the pregnant picture..and that she really went to sleep like that! Miss you.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

She is such a doll! It looks like she had a fabulous birthday. We miss you guys. Last night as we were walking back from the fireworks in Coralville I told Dave I was so sad that we weren't running into all our old friends because they had all moved. I hope you guys had a fun 4th in Texas!
And I want to see some "After" photo's of all your home improvements!

Lindsey P said...

I can't believe she is three! these is an adorable post. you're so lucky to have such a sweet daughter.

Lindsey P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Taylor said...

Oh heather...Hallie is so adorable! You and Aaron have such gorgeous girls! Congrats to Aaron on graduating and now being a DR!!! And all I have to say is...You are so FREAKIN SKINNY! You look amazing! Im jealous:)

SandyKay said...

Happy Birthday Hallie!!! Glad you turned 3. What an exciting year!! You won't believe all the fun you are going to have ~ and you'd better hurry ~ before #4 comes along. Lot's of tea parties and dressup days. And . . . best of all ~ Peyton will get to do them with you, (sister and all 5 babies!). Have fun baby girl and tell your mom and dad to enjoy this year ~ it will go by all to quick.

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

oh halie. how i wish i could grant you a better auntie who remembered who nieces bdays. but i cant, cause she cant keep her head on at all! love you doll!

Jen said...

Love the one of her sleeping in the car seat. You look great. Nice and tan from that Texas sun! Miss you!

Scott and Beth said...

She looks so cute in that little dress! And you are SUCH a good mom!

Candice said...

Happy Birthday Hallie, Tommy would like to give you a Birthday squeeze!

Candice said...

Happy Birthday Hallie, Tommy would like to give you a Birthday squeeze!

Candice said...

So right after I left that comment, Tommy came in and saw your blog for the first time since you moved (I have been trying to have him avoid it so he doesn't get sad). Boy, has he been obessed with Hallie since then, when I did Caroline's hair in pig tails, he said it was like Hallie's, when he saw an airplane in the sky today he said it was going to Hallie's house. So, you might be getting a phone call today if this keeps up!

brandandbrit said...

Happy late birthday Hallie! She is so cute! I miss seeing her cute little face!

Heidi Miller said...

I'm in love with her and I was cracking up and her being "pregnant" while sleeping (if only we could sleep through our whole pregnancys) and the way she fell asleep in her carseat. HA! I miss you Heather!