Hooray! Nursery here we come!
I have been waiting for this day for quite awhile now! Sundays are supposed to be a "day of rest" etc, etc...but I will be the first to say that I have dreaded Sundays pretty much since we've moved here. Aaron hasn't been able to come with us too often, which in itself is hard trying to get me and two kids ready and out the door to church.
But ATTEMPTING to teach a sunday school class full of 10-14 boys with a napless, sassy menace (AKA Peyton) and a missing husband has been anything but enjoyable. If you wanted to see entertainment, this would be the class to come to. Every week, someone in the class would say, "when does she go to nursery?". This proved the point that it wasn't all just in my head.
Well...she turned 18 months and I shipped her off! Hooray!!! I was quite nervous to see how she'd handle it. I took her in, ripped the bandaid off fast and left. She cried for a few minutes but then did great. I peeked in at her once and she looked so cute just sitting in her little chair watching everything going on. It's like she felt so big. She loved it!
Hallie is like the little mother of the family. She just started Primary and LOVES it! When I go to pick her up, she is like the little adult. She will say, "How was class mommy? What did you learn about?". Well, I think she was more than pleased to talk to Peyton about how it would all go down in nursery. She told us that we needed to have Peyton pratice drinking through a big girl cup so she wouldn't spill it in nursery. And told Peyton what toys she should play with, which teachers she liked, etc, etc.
It was so cute to hear Hallie talk to Peyton afterwards.
(all in a little motherly voice)
"Peyton, did you have a good time in nursery? Yea? Yea?" (Peyton nodding her head)
"What toys did you play with? Did you play with the babies like I told you to?" (Peyton nodding her head)
"What snacks did you eat?" "Did you spill your water?" "What did you learn about?" "Did you say the prayer?" "Is this your picture you made? Oh good job Peyton!" "Do you like nursery?" "Good job Peyton!"
She even let me take a quick pic! My girls are getting SO big! Hallie and her are so cute together.




3 comments:
Adorable! What a good Big Sister Hallie is. They are so cute, I love their outfits.
So cute! We too have been counting down the days until we can drop Lydia off at Nursery. Lucky for me it is Dave who is stuck with her at church because I play the piano in primary for the last two hours so I can't really have a 16 month old on my lap. So I guess I should say Dave has really been counting down the weeks we have left!
I can't get over how cute your girls are! Congrats on making it to that splendid 18 month mark!
Post a Comment