Peyton's Jan. Captured Moments
Peyton’s Captured Moments
January 2010
(17 months)
• Waves and says “bye-bye” at everything.
• Still into ripping her diaper off.
I went to get her one morning in her crib and she was butt naked. She had managed to get all her buttons undone, rip all her clothes off, diaper off and pee all over. She just had a little smirk on her face like she was so proud.
• New words: “cook cook” for cookie, “cece” for cereal, “beebee” for binky. She has been talking a ton more. Every day I find her trying to say new words.
• Finally got rid of the binky! I thought it was going to be awful, but she has done quite well with it.
• Loves to hold hands with Hallie in the car• Loves to be sneaky. If I haven’t heard her for more than a few seconds, I know it only means trouble. Toilets, getting into the pantry, pulling out all the DVD's, finding a treat to eat in a hidden place, etc.
(example: Found her sitting behind the island eating a tootsie roll that she had managed to get out of the advent calendar)
• Loves wearing her sweet sunglasses. Most the time they are upside down, but she still loves it.• Miss Independent. She is fearless at the park and has me on my toes. Will go down the tallest/windiest slides all by herself. Tries to climb the ladders, stairs, walk up the slides, etc. Hates the swings because she is trapped and can’t run around.
• Loves to do naughty things to get a rise out of me and Aaron.
• Toilet obsession is back. She crawled inside the toilet. Also on our vacation decided it would be fun to stir the water with the remote control and dump Hallie’s puzzle pieces in the bowl too.
• This month Aaron and I noticed that she is all of the sudden acting so much older.
• Started nursery!!!
• Is getting better at letting me get her dressed. Now she is into wanting to wear layers of clothes (of course only the ones that SHE has picked out. Might I add she knows how to throw a tantrum until she wins the battle of putting them all on.) Example below.





1 comment:
Love it! She gets her layering from Avery. I threw in the towel a long time ago on that. Sometimes I don't even know all the clothes she's wearing (how many skirts can you fit under a dress?). Love your kids. Hallie is so sweet in mothering Peyton. You're doing something right because she learned that from you :)
PS-Macy still prays every prayer about going to Hallie's house in Texas :)
Post a Comment