March 7, 2010

Hallie's February Captured Saying


• “Oh, thank you sir!” (talking to Aaron while playing store)
• “I just love you sweetheart” (I overhear her say this to Peyton a lot)
• After I said a prayer, Hallie said… “Wait Mommy, you forgot something!” “Please help Peyton to not laugh at me and cry and just go to sleep. K, bye. I mean Amen.”
• When we say our prayers before bed she says, “Ask to help me fall asleep 2 times!”
• I had been wondering if Peyton had an ear infection. Hallie said, “Well Mommy, you just need to take her to see Doctor Daddy.”
• “Happy Valentine’s Day Mommy!” (said this TONS) “Know why we say that a lot? Because we just love the people SO much!”

• Hallie: “How come I’ve never seen a unicorn before?”
Me: “Remember they are just pretend. There aren't really unicorns. Just pretend.”
Hallie: “NO THEY’RE NOT! I’ve seen them on Dora before! They are REAL!”
Me: “Oh, I’m so sorry. Because surely Dora is real too.”
Hallie: “Do you know how they get around?
Me: “I have no idea!”
Hallie: “They ride around on rainbows.”

• My sister Natalie is a much nicer mom and animal lover than I am. Well they got a dog and Hallie’s cousins are in love with it. We spent some time with them and so of course, Hallie and I had the following conversation.
Hallie: “Mom when will we ever get a cat?”
Me: “Never”
Hallie: “Ohhh…why?”
Me: “I’m allergic to cats.”
Hallie: “What does awergic mean?”
Me: “It means I’ll get really sick and die.”
Hallie: “Oh. Okay. Well how about a dog? Are you awergic to dogs?”
Me: No, but we can’t get one until you can take care of it all by yourself.
Hallie: I could! I could!
Me: You would have to feed it and give it baths…
Hallie: I could do that!
Me: And you’d have to play with it and take it on walks…
Hallie: I could do that too!
Me: And…you would have to pick up its poop.
Hallie: “EWWWWW!!” How bout you just do that part.”
Me: “Nope, if you want a dog you would have to do it.
Hallie: “I know! I could let you use my cleaning tools in my toy room and scoop it up in my little dustpan. Then you could do it!”
Me: “No, you would have to do it sweetie.” And…you would have to keep all your toys picked up or the dog would chew them up!
Hallie: (long pause) “Well…how about I just think about it for awhile.”
Me: “Sounds great!”

9 comments:

brandandbrit said...

These are such funny stories. My favorite is the one about her praying for Peyton to not laugh or cry and just go to sleep. We deal with that at our house. Tessa is always waking Kayla up with her little noises.

Whitney Jensen said...

I love the dog story - too cute. Great to see you! Hope it's not too long til we can get together again!

Heidi Miller said...

I love that you do this. SOOOO CUTE!! I miss you.

Natalie said...

Love your girls!

Candice said...

You tell those stinky cute girls to stop growing up, I'm missing out! We will be in Utah for good the end of this month so next time your in town we need to get together!

Chelsey Meier said...

So funny! They are so adorable!!! I just love them both! and I love you too!

The Francis Family said...

Nice move with holding off on the dog for a while! I've been wondering how I was going to handle that when it comes up someday! Thanks for the good idea!

Nancy K said...

Your kids are seriously SO CUTE! Love the dog conversations-I"m with you on that one!

Amberly said...

She is so cute. Don't you love this age. They think they know it all!