May 17, 2010

Far Away Friend

One of my bestest friends Carly, who I met when we first moved to Iowa came to visit me in April. I could never put into words how much it meant to me that she would DRIVE from Iowa to Texas with a 3 yr. old and a 10 month old all by HERSELF! SO SWEET! It had been a hard month for me and knowing this visit was coming was what got me through the month. We had so much fun together and I was so sad to see her leave. Hopefully she'll forget the awful drive enough to make it back here sometime :).  And pretty much we looked homeless the entire time they were here! Gosh, every pic I look at makes me laugh. We rarely got dressed and ready the entire time they were here and just played in the pools, made sure to get our drink runs in, watched our shows, ate lots of treats and junk, shopped, played cards and chatted and laughed till the wee hours!  Here's a few pics. (lots are from my point and shoot)

I finally got to meet little Avery. She is a doll and was always smiling. Peyton was obsessed with her and would walk around saying, "baby" or "I want baby" as soon as she woke up.


Laney and Hallie had a blast swimming and playing in the playhouse. They loved playing with each other.


Trekking our kids to Red Robin


My friend Brittanie was super sweet to offer and watch all the kids so we could go play kid free. We went and got pedicures and out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. (Carly, why didn't you tell me you were hiding your peace sign the lady kept insisting we do? ha ha). Don't get blinded by my pasty whites.


Took the bikes to the park to play (Carly LOVED this activity :). ha ha)

The girls attempted to have a sleepover one night. "Attempted" was the key word. With them already being overly tired, it didn't quite work out. But it was cute while it lasted.

This picture just cracks me up. I'm glad at least one little cutie likes to look at the camera and smile. Looks like Peyton would rather just sit there and pick her nose.

We made Aaron who was half asleep quickly snap a shot of us before she headed out the door back to Iowa. It didn't take long for my kids to start asking when they would be back to play, Hallie to start writing Laney a letter telling her to please come back, and Peyton to walk around the house looking for "Baby".

ThAnK yOu tHaNk YoU Carly for being such a wonderful friend! You're the best and we miss you dearly!

4 comments:

SarahandJD said...

What great girls! I love you gals and the peace signs!!Way Cool!!

Brittanie said...

This post made me smile! You girls are cute - and I don't think even one of those pictures looked white trash! =) I'm so glad she came to visit you! Friends like that are the best!

Carly said...

Those have to be the best pictures I have ever taken!!! Lol! You need to send me a disc of the pictures from our visit so I actually have some since I was terrible about documenting our trip. I got your card in the mail today. You are freakin hilarious! I'm going to kill you for sending that $9 dollars but I'll be sure to buy and awesome sweater and send you a picture. :) We love you guys and are already planning our next trip so be ready!

Jen said...

JEALOUS! Miss you guys. Laughed out loud when I read this post!