May 27, 2010

Fun times for the Bday

I have the best husband! He made my birthday so fun. The night before he took me down to the riverwalk for dinner. It was so yummy! We had planned to do the river boat tour, but it was closed because of the weather. bummer. Here's our one attempt to get our riverwalk pic. ha ha


On my bday, I was served breakfast in bed from Aaron and my two darlings. Hallie LOVES holidays. It's so fun to see how excited she gets. She had already planned months in advance what she wanted to get me for Mother's Day and my bday and kept her secrets quite well (even with me trying multiple times to get it out of her). She asked me numerous times what kind of cake I wanted, what kind of party I wanted, who I wanted to invite, and was very thoughtful in deciding that I'd want a princess party. I love that little girl. Aaron was so cute to take the time to help them make cards, get me flowers, make homemade handprints (I will have to take a pic. I forgot), get chocolate covered strawberries, pic me out some pretty jewelry... so sweet.

My sweet friends Ashley and Brittanie took me for a birthday lunch to Red Robin. I was so embarrased when they had the people sing to me. Ashley and Brittanie really got into it though :). I was thrilled to hear the waiter announce that I was having my 21st birthday though! ha ha.

Well Aaron could not dissapoint little Hallie, so he threw a little bbq together last minute with a few friends. It was so fun to have our good friends the Fitches come. We are thrilled that Todd and Heather are moving to Austin. Travis and Lindsey just recently moved there too and we have enjoyed getting together with them a few times. It worked out perfect that they were in San Antonio that day. We had a good time. Aaron was quite the hostess, getting everything together, cooking and even making me a bday cake and cupcakes for the kiddos. He's the best!

ahh so cute. he he.


The craziest end to the day...a snake in our bedroom!!! Seriously!!! I had just gotten out of the shower and didn't have my contacts in but thought I saw something moving across the floor by our bed. I couldn't quite make out what it was, but when I got closer and realized what it actually was, I screamed! A snake slithering across the floor!Luckily Aaron came to the rescue. We had the back door open all day with people coming in and out, I'm guessing it just slithered on in. Ewww...! I'm just glad we found it before we went to bed.

It was a fun day! I love my little family and they make life so fun. I am getting quite old in the number department, but bring it on! I'm lovin life.

8 comments:

Chelsey Meier said...

You never told me about the SNAKE! Gross. I love how much Hallie loves holidays. She's seriously a doll. I'm glad you had a great birthday! love you!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty on your birthday. Love you hair curly! OB is the best!! Love you both! Sounds like such a fun day!
Mom

Carly said...

Yay! Im so glad you had such a good b-day this year. You are just like Sarah, you keep getting younger every year. :) So sorry to hear about the snake. I would have freaked. I just LOVE Hallie and I am glad she is such a sweet party planning girl. I wish I could have seen her in action.

Natalie said...

I agree with mom, I was totally thinking how hot you looked with your hair curly :)

Teed Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! To make those chips just take some flour tortillas and fry them. They are probablynot all that good for you but are so yum! Your encounter with the snake tops all my spider issues :)

Unknown said...

I would have died having that snake in my house!!yuck!I'm glad your having fun times in San Antonio!!Liked the update

Trav and Linds said...

Oh no! We felt so bad bringing our whole crazy crew to crash your party, even though it was fun to see you guys! We owe you big time, hopefully you guys can come visit us up in Austin soon!

The Francis Family said...

Happy Birthday Heather! You have the cutest family and I can just picture Hallie planning a party for you! By the way, your hair looks great curly! Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!