Our Paradise Vacation
We had such a fun getaway to Cancun for our 7th anniversary/late med school graduation. My sister Chels was SO unbelievably kind in offering to watch the girls so Aaron and I could go on a trip during his week break. It was heaven. 2 days after we got back from AZ, we ventured off again. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort that we really enjoyed. Just looking at these pics makes me want to go back!
We did lots of relaxing! LOVED IT! What we enjoyed: (I didn't take many pics.)
Sleeping in everyday~relaxing at the beach and pool~kayaking in the ocean~boogy boarding~getting down poured on while playing tennis~shopping tour~all the yummy restaurants~great night shows/entertainment~nice room~hanging out in hammocks by the beach at night~being able to have a conversation without 20 interruptions and kids begging at my feet~and lots lots more!
Chelsey, Jared and his family were so sweet to my girls. And so nice to let them come stay there. They had a blast. For like a week after, they kept calling me Chelsey and are still talking about their stay nonstop. Everytime they see a dog they talk about how they miss Max and Maggie. I missed them lots but knew they were in good hands. Chels entertained them 24/7 so they were a little bored when they got back and I wouldn't play with them all day long. I was so excited to see my girls and got my heart ripped out when Peyton wanted nothing to do with me. It's like she was mad at me that I left her. I went to grab her and hug her and she cried, "No! I want Chelsey. Chelsey, Chelsey!" and she wouldn't even look at me. We had to drive home from Houston and about half the car ride home she wouldn't even look at me. I finally got her laughing, but I was so sad. Good thing Hallie gave me lots of loves :). I guess she made up for it because for the next week she wouldn't let me put her down. Now it's back to reality. So fun!



5 comments:
AHHH! Looks SO amazing! Can I book your sister for next year? We REALLY want to do something like that, but really, who wants to/can take off a week of work to watch your kids for you... I'm glad you had fun!
How amazing. That water is beautiful!
That trip sounds amazing! I'm glad you guys were able to get away.
What an amazing trip!!! It really looks like paradise! Glad you were able to get away and enjoy time just the two of you.
WOW! So amazing! Look forward to doing this some day with Chris. MIss you!!
Post a Comment