August 13, 2010

Hallie's Captured Sayings

May/June/July 2010 (yes, I'm a little behind these days)


• Hallie has a new ploy to get toys that Peyton has. Here’s their conversation:
H: “Peyton, can I please have that toy?”
P: “No”
H: “Peyton, don’t you want to be like Jesus?” (in her sweet motherly voice)
P: “NO!!!” (as firm as she can sound)

• Hallie was sick with her rash so she couldn’t go to church. She was devastated. “Oh no! I don’t want to miss church! What if they learn about something really cool in primary? Will you email my teacher and make sure to find out if it was cool?”

• Hallie loved celebrating my bday and made sure to tell me happy birthday a bazillion times. After she gave me her present in the morning she said, “Mom, don’t worry. It’s still going to be a special day.”

• “Shew! Shew! Don’t bother me!” (talking to a fly)

• Me: “Come here Hallie.”
Hallie: “No, if you want me you need to come over here.”

• “You just messed up my eye shadow!”

• Shew fly, don’t bother me! This is my house! You don’t belong here!”

• Me: “Hallie, you need to go pick up all your toys.”
Hallie: “Remember Mom? We don’t pick up on church days.”

• Always starts her sentences off with, “There’s just one problem.” Or “No problem mom!”

• Me: “Hallie, you need to eat your dinner before you have a treat.”
Hallie: “Well how come you don’t have to eat dinner first?” (good point)

• Hallie: “Where are you gonna go today while I’m at dance?”
Me: “I don’t know yet.”
Hallie: I know! How about Target? You LOVE that store!”

• Hallie: “Mommy, you’re exquisite.”
Me: “Well thanks Hallie. Do you know what that even means?”
Hallie: “Yes. Very special and very pretty.”
(she says this a lot)

3 comments:

Swensons said...

I love reading all these cute things Heather! You inspire me to want to write down everything Mill does as she gets older!
Cause you really do forget!
Love and miss you TONS
kate

SandyKay said...

OH OH OH ~ what a sweet heart and oh so very smart. Love the Jesus comment and Peyton ~ NO! That cracked me up. And Yes ~ You do LOVE Target but more to the point does Halley like that fact that Mom might happen to pass by the toy department :-)!! And yes you are exquisite! Love you ~

celeste said...

Heather, your little girls are so sweet and super cute!!