Trip to the Beach
We thought we'd take advantage of one the last weekends Aaron will have off for a few months. So we headed to the beach! We went to Port Aransas which is about 2.5 hours away. It was a blast. The water was warm with great weather. The kids loved playing in the water! Last time we went Peyton would not touch the sand and screamed non stop. She was hesitant for a minute, but then she got used to it quick and loved it. It's so fun to live close enough to come here. We had a great day.

The sand castle makers. (this is the back of it)
Hallie and Anika had a blast burying each other. She kept saying, I'm getting sprinkled. She loved it.
![]() |
| I took this picture right before she was saying, "ahhh! I got a itch! help!" |
Aaron had a near death experience. Okay not really, but I thought so. This was almost the last picture I would've ever taken of him. jk. We brought the kayak and Aaron thought he'd try it out in the ocean. Well all was fine and dandy until I I couldn't see him anymore. And then all of a sudden I see the kayak tipped over with no Aaron in sight. And the kayak just kept going farther and farther out! I was panicking. I know I'm ridiculous but seriously I had all these crazy thoughts going through my head like, "where will I move? what am I going to do with my life? am I responsible for all his student loans? etc. etc." I was freaking. Well...had I remembered he had on a life jacket I wouldn't have been worried. He made it back in and said that he was never worried. The waves were just too choppy and it tipped him. I guess I am my mother's daughter with all the worrying I was doing.
Peyton has a definite crush. Brenan. They are so cute together. She is always talking about him and when they get together they are just two little giddy kiddos having a blast. Brittanie put Brenan in the pack n' play with some blankets over it to give him a nap. I looked over to find the following pics. Sorry Brittanie. Peyton was not having that idea. Brenan take a nap? When she could be playing with him? They are so cute.
![]() |
| Guess I should note also that she kept pulling her bottoms down so her little bum was hanging out :). |
On our way home, we stopped by the ferry to ride the kayak around. We saw lots of dolphins! It was so cool. I had my camera in the car so I didn't get any pictures. We all had a good time riding around there.
![]() |
| Silly Hallie |
And my cute little Peyton...

(Aug. 21st)



















8 comments:
I love all the pics hoey! You better watch out Miss Peyton is quite the flirt. Also, I LOVE your hat! Where did you get that? It's amazing!.
That must be so fun to have the beach so close! I would have worried too just like that if I had seen Brandon's kayak tipped over! That's a funny story! Your girls are as gorgeous as ever!
Love it! I want to be at the beach!
I love it too! I miss you, why can't we live closer?? I love your guts!
Fun posts Heather! You live in a fun place.
Okay missy- I heard the news - congrats on the new baby and what it's going to be (I don't want to spoil it for everyone else since you haven't said anything on your blog). I am beyond excited for you!! You are amazing to be preggers again - what is my problem??? I so admire you! Good luck with it all!
I laughed when you told the story about Aarons "near death experience". I love it that you were already stressing where you would move and about your student loans. I have done the same thing. We are glad Aaron is ok. Tell him to be more careful. Your kids are so CUTE! Love them.
looks like fun! did you spend the night?
Post a Comment