{ FIRST THANKSGIVING ATTEMPT }
Since Aaron and I have been married, we have either been home in UT for Thanksgiving, had it with friends (which means dividing the cooking up), or going out to eat at the Iowa Powerhouse Restaurant. Well...this year was my first true test! Aaron's dad had been wanting to come for a visit for awhile now and so we just had a small "low key" Thanksgiving this year. If you know me well, you know that I didn't inherit my Mom's wonderful cooking skills and abilities (I'm slowly learning). So to say I was a little worried wouldn't be lying. Aaron said he'd cook the turkey because I was not about to stick my hand up a turkey's butt. Especially when I wouldn't even be eating it (I'm a vegetarian). Well...after many phone calls of questions to my mom...I must say, it turned out pretty good.
We did have a good laugh though. I had the oven cooking schedule planned out perfectly so all the food would be hot and ready in schedule with the turkey being done. Well....Aaron pulls the turkey out and it is nowhere near done! Turns out, he forgot to read the small detail that said, "cook 45-60 minutes PER POUND". Forgot that the turkey may be a little more than 1 pound :). ha ha. We had a good laugh. I was just so thankful that it wasn't me that made the mistake. So...we waited for the turkey to be done, heated up the rest of our food and still had a delicious meal!
Hallie LOVES holidays. This is how she set the table. We each got a pony at our spot, she made each of us a name tag with leaves she picked from our walk, and displayed her spice rack she had made at Home Depot. I love this girl.
Aaron and I had a big debate about whether our goblets were glass or plastic. Well...I'll let you be the judge. Looks like I won that debate sweetie!
The most exciting part of the day...BLACK FRIDAY ADS! I didn't get a chance to look at them until night time. And these little chickas wanted to be right in the action with me. They were climbing all over me!
Over the break we went down to the River Walk so Aaron's dad could see the Alamo and all that jazz and I could meet up with my bestest friend Lindsey who was in Austin for the holidays. Oh how I love that girl! We are quite comical when we get together and it involves driving and directions. I don't even know where to begin in explaining our visit. So I will just say it was great! I love that girl!
Sounds like Aaron, his dad, and the girls had quite the time too. We had picked the girls up from a Princess Birthday Party and had them change in the car on the way downtown. Well...me being a wonderful mother, totally forgot shoes! So they wore their plastic high heeled princess shoes all over the riverwalk and Alamo. A worker at the Alamo told Aaron that the girls would need to leave because their shoes were too loud! ha ha. I guess they found some fountains that Peyton decided to get into also and was drenched. They had a blast.
We had fun making smores too.










2 comments:
You really did blog up a storm!!! =) I love Hallie's table set up. She is such a cute girl! Brenan is sitting on my lap and loving the pictures of Peyton. You've motivated me to catch up on my blog - I have a monster Christmas post that I've been putting off! See you later!
I love how much Hallie loves holidays! So cute. The table looks awesome! Also your girls are going to get your nice bargain shopping skills. So fun!
Chels
Post a Comment