December 31, 2010

{ HALLIE'S CAPTURED SAYINGS }

November & December 2010
(4.5 years old)

• “I just have to take a little bow.” (After getting off the potty)

• (Talking to Peyton) “Listen to what Hallie says. Hallie’s your big sister and you have to do what I say all of the time. Okay?”… silence while Peyton gives Hallie the look of death…“There’s a little thing called sharing Peyton.”

• Overheard Hallie singing this song she made up while cleaning her toys up. “You just have to do what your mudder says. You don’t fuss about it. It doesn’t make any sense. It just makes sense if you just do it. If you just complain about it, it doesn’t make any more sense. I’m just swap you on the bum.” (not sure where that last part came from. I have honestly never said that in my life.)

• Aaron was making a lot of noise putting up my shelf. Hallie comes in and says, “Dad! What in the earth are you doing?”

• Aaron: “All I want for Christmas is two cute little girls.”
Hallie: “Dad, mom already borned two of us!”

• Calls the “Alamo” “The Elmo”

• “I have a runny nose. I’m so sad for myself.”
• “Mom, you’re my best buddy of all! Better than my friends! Better than all! And Daddy is too.”
• Hallie: “I got root beer! I got root beer!”
Me: “Hallie you did, but you need to stop singing that because Peyton didn’t get any.”
Hallie: “I got root beer!”
Me: “Hallie, if you say that again, I’m going to take it away. Who do you think will feel bad?”
Hallie: “Heavenly Father. Sorry mom.” (I was going for Peyton, but sure that works too.)

• A dance show was on and some old couple was doing a really crazy dance. Hallie: “I’m glad I don’t live in that same town!”
Me: “What town do you think they’re in?”
Hallie: “Judea”

• “Did you know I’m waterproof?”
• Calls Churros “Churrio”

2 comments:

Edwards Family said...

Your girls are adorable. It's so funny all the things they say. Funny, I used to call the Alamo, Elmo too. The first time we went there I was really confused that I didn't get to see Elmo since I thought that's what my parents were saying.

Brittanie said...

Okay - I was laughing OUT LOUD as I read these! I seriously love that you remember all these fun things that your girls say and then actually write them down! I need to be better at doing that.=) You're the cutest!