January 15, 2012

{ IS THIS WORSE THAN THE POOP STATION? }

If you can't remember my horrific experience at the poop gas station...you can read THIS (it's a good one).

Well...I think I may have found a close match as to something equally worse, if not worse.
I potty trained Peyton like a week before I had Kyler. Crazy? Probably. I did the "Potty train your kid in a day" approach with Hallie and it was awesome. Seriously, like maybe one accident. I was hoping I could have the same results with Peyton and have that out of the way before Kyler came to the world. I'd heard all the talk about how kids can regress if you do it close to a big change, but Aaron's convincing me to do it anyways finally got to me. Well Peyton...is just a little bit different child. She did great at the beginning. Honestly, a few more accidents than Hallie, but she learned pretty quick. Well then it turned horrific.

Peyton had been fighting naps for awhile now. She was supposedly taking a nap in her room. It was quiet, I figured I got lucky and she had gone to sleep. If she wasn't sleeping, I would've seen her beautiful smiling face about 10 times asking if rest time was over yet (or so I thought). So about an hour after I put her down, I went to peek on her. As soon as I opened the door I thought I was going to puke! POOP EVERYWHERE! Seriously! What is the deal with me and poop? She was sitting on the floor butt naked playing with her toys. I quickly scanned the room to figure out where that awful smell was coming from. Oh EVERYWHERE! She had pooped in her panties, taken them off, stepped in it, and had been walking around the room playing, reading books, etc. I wanted to die. Seriously, DIE!!!! I would go back to the poop station anytime compared to this. With the poop station, I was at least able to exit and not have to go there again or clean up the mess. This on the other hand, is my house! My belongs! My child! My responsibility to clean up! Oh my heavens. It was pretty bad. I seriously spend the rest of the day cleaning and sanitizing and cleaning and sanitizing. I can laugh about it now, but I was for sure not laughing that day. I bathed her, put her on the couch while I cleaned...within minutes she was pooped herself.



Well because of that incident and a few pee accidents simply because she "just didn't make it in time" (had no interest in trying), I told her that she had to wear a diaper for 3 days because she was showing me that she wasn't a big girl. And if she could get all her pees and poops in the toilet, than I'd give her her underwear back. Well...she loves to humor me. She loves to show who is the real boss. HER.
She decided to show me that she could still be a big girl even in a diaper. I found her eating her lunch without clothes and next to her booster chair. She was very persistent on letting me know that she was a big girl and did NOT need to sit in a booster or wear clothes. Little stinker.

No comments: