January 31, 2008

Missing my Grandma on her 90th Birthday



Today is my sweet Grandma's 90th birthday. It's hard to not have her here anymore to celebrate! So glad she's in a better place, but still miss her like crazy everyday! She would always get so excited for her birthdays and we would always throw such fun parties! I miss her cute smile and the way she would say, "how's my sweet little angel?" She just had a way of making you feel like the most special person alive and could always make me forget about everything and remember to just enjoy the simple things in life.

Could my Grandpa be any cuter? I just love him. I stole this picture off my sister's blog (thanks Nat). The whole fam went and put balloons on my Grandma's grave today and had a "birthday lunch". Wish I could've been there. I love my family. My Grandpa is adorable. When I talked to him tonight he said how he wakes up everynight and wishes she was there. But he's always so positive. He said, "it's been a hard day, but at least she's in a resting place where she's happy and probably in a better climate than what we have too!" (with his cute little laugh). It meant so much to him that the family still celebrated her birthday. What a cutie!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I am so sorry I made your hard day harder. Grandmas are the best. If it helps I will start saying, "how's my sweet little angel?" Just kidding I know it wouldn't be the same. But I would do it if it would help. I am sorry for your loss. I know you loved her a lot.

SarahandJD said...

Heather- My heart goes out to you today. It is so hard when people you love are no longer with us even though you know they are in a good place. Your grandma is so right you are such a sweet angel and!

Sarah said...

Well I am really sorry about your loss as well. I had no idea you were feeling this way today. So sorry. BUT you do look Beautiful!

Beth said...

Both your grandma and grampa are so dang cute, I know how much you love them! I hope all is well... you for sure win on the who has crappier weather game! I will keep my snow thank you and you can keep your frostbite! Love ya! Linds was here last night and we both miss you!

Scott and Beth said...

Heather you are so sweet. And you have such a good family. Sorry for your hard day. I wish I could have been there to cheer you up. Love You!!!

McGiven Family.... said...

Your family is awesome. That is so sweet! I love your grandpa, he was always so nice to us. That picture at your wedding with your grandma is adorable!

Emily said...

Heather, I LOVE that your gramps took balloons. That is the sweetest thing!

Smelsha said...

Heather - I really like this post although I'm sure it was a tough time. Aren't you glad you have such sweet people in your life and such sweet memories? Sounds like you grandparents are real gems just like you!!