July 30, 2008

Peyton Marie O'Brien

She has arrived!!! Peyton was born July 29 at 4:44 p.m. She was 6 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. Heather recieved a call Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. saying that she should get to the hospital within the next hour to start the induction. Her due date was the 31st but due to the cirrcumstances with our plans next week her doctor said he would induce her a week early if she was favorable (dialated to at least a 3). Monday we found out she had become favorable but Tuesday was the earliest she could get in. After slowly progressing from a 4 to a 6 over 5 hours, Heather went from 6 to complete in an hour. When it was time to push the baby's head was already coming out. One push later and she was out. Peyton is healthy and Heather is doing well. Hallie was very excited to meet her new baby sister and really wanted her name to be Elmo. Here are a few pictures from the first few hours of Peyton's life. More will be coming.










37 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Heather she is beautiful! I love the name too! Way to go! What a darling family you have! I am hoping to come to Utah when you are there because I am dying to see you (I think it has been a year) but I don't know if it will work out. I hope it does! Congratulations on the birth of your healthy, beautiful baby! I am glad to hear that all is well! Love ya!

s.lloyd said...

Congratulations guys! Peyton looks a lot like her dad right now, how special is that! Jill is at 39 weeks right now and we would do anything for her to be dilated to a 3. Thanks for updating us on your family.

Laura said...

Congratulations, Heather and Aaron! Peyton is absolutely adorable! I wish I could meet her in person! Glad everything went well for you!

Mann's said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!! I am so excited for you two. She is absolutely gorgeous. By the way...I LOVE Halle's head bands...How do you get those to stay in? Are they headbands or ribbon? I need some bad! Well we love you both and are so excited to meet the little one. It has been way too long!

Beth said...

She has so much hair!!! I am so glad that you guys are all doing so well! And can't wait to meet Peyton. Like I told you yesterday I would love to have Hallie over to play so you can get some stuff done, or so you can get some sleep, just let me know!

Bullard Family said...

Congrats!! I am so glad that things worked out for you guys, I have been thinking of you all week hoping little Peyton would decide to come, and things would work out with Aarons rotation. Cute Hallie, I like the name Elmo too. She's beautiful.

The Schroeder Family said...

Congrats!! She is so cute! Love the name too. Seriously though you look like you are ready to walk the runway just after giving birth!! Man I wish I looked that good right after!!! Take care.

Mom said...

Congrats Heather and Aaron!! She is so precious and we are thrilled for your cute family! I can't stand it--now I definitely want another one. Just don't tell Jason :) Our love to ya'll and we hope to see y'all sometime relatively soon since I doubt we'll be up there for the wedding. :(

Heidi Miller said...

She is BEAUTIFUL of course! Umm, by the way, no one has any right to look that good right after delivering a child. Yes, Heather, I am talking about YOU! Welcome to the world little Peyton!

Chelsea said...

Wow, don't you look stunning in your hospital gown! Like mother like daughters, Peyton's adorable, and the name's cute too (though maybe not QUITE as cute as Elmo). Just think about how all the kids would have been jealous of that name :)

Jen said...

You look amazing! Yeah! You did it! It wasn't a week before you have to leave like you wanted, but at least you had her! What time are you leaving Friday? I get in town Thursday at like 11pm and would love to see P. before you leave. Congrats on the birth of another beautiful baby girl! Can't wait to meet her!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Congratulations! I have been wondering what was going on ever since I saw you at the hospital Mon. I am glad you were able to have her before you left. She looks so cute and you look amazing (way too good to have just given birth)!!! Enjoy your month with your family!

Emily said...

Congratulations Heather and Aaron! Seriously, if I looked half that good after delivery I would be thrilled. Enjoy this time and congratulations...she's beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

She is so adorable! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything worked out. I love the pictures of Hallie holding Peyton, that is so cute. And you look like a model in the hospital- that is not fair. :)

Amberly said...

Heather she is so beautiful. I love the picture of her and Hallie. I love the name Payton (did I spell it right.) I am so happy for you guys and I am so excited that you are coming out here so I can meet her. Emma loves babies and will be so thrilled to meet her too. If Hallie is half obssesed with babies as Emma you will have a very good little helper on your hands. Love ya.

SarahandJD said...

Heater: Peyton is so perfect! Thanks for letting me bust on in to see her. I'm so thankful that she is healthy and here! I'm excited to see her grow over the next year!! Congrats!!!

Edwards Family said...

Congrats Heather and Aaron!!! She is so beautiful, I'm excited to meet her. I'm so glad you had her in enough time and that everything went well. Good luck on your trip out to Utah. I'll have to come see you before you leave town. Let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I am already in love with Peyton (and her adorable name). I am so sad that I missed meeting her before we left. I knew she would be small since Heather you were the tiniest 9-month pregnant woman I have ever seen. Congratulations and enjoy your time in Utah! Thanks for the update Aaron!

Scott and Beth said...

Whahooo!!! She is so beautiful!!! And you look AWESOME. I can't wait to meet her and play with you while you are here. I am glad to hear your labor went well.....I don't like the horror stories!!! Love!!!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Yeah! Congrats on another beautiful baby. Heather you're not suppose to look that good right before and after having a baby :) That bed in your hospital looks nice...like a hotel! Lucky! Good luck with your travels and I'm sure we'll be seeing you sometime soon!

The Torgersen's said...

Heather you look so beautiful for just having a baby. Congratulations to you all!!!!

Heather said...

She is beautiful. Congrats. Hope mom and baby are doing well.

love you guys

Nancy K said...

Welcome Welcome little Peyton! We love you!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

I was just showing Lauren the cute pict. of Peyton and she saw the pict. of Hallie sitting by you and I asked her if she remembered Hallie and she said - "Wow! She is getting so grown up like me"! She looks so cute holding her little sister!

Carly said...

I can't wait to see you guys! Peyton is gorgeous! And I'm so glad you are like me and you did your makeup and hair. You don't even look like you had a baby! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

She is soo Beautiful! You seriously have the cutest little gilrs! Congrats! Please let me know if there is anythig you need!

Lindsey P said...

So, I'm a total sap, i started crying when I read this and looked at the pics. I'm so happy for you guys!

Jamie Ortega said...

Congratulations!!! WE are soo excited for you guys! Everyone looks wonderful. We cant wait to be back in Iowa and see everyone and all the new little additions.

Anonymous said...

Heather and Aaron,
Congratulations, she is beautiful and Hallie is so grown up.
The pictures made me cry of course.
Cant wait to see you guys, be careful on the drive out to Utah.
Love, Aunt Kristy

Whitney Jensen said...

Yeah! Isn't it so great when they finally get here? She's darling - call me for sure when you're here, so I can come see her.

esmiley said...

Congrats!!!

The Alands said...

Congrats Heather, I'm so glad it all worked out for the wedding. She is adorable, can't wait to meet her. If you need help with Hallie with all of the wedding festivities let us know, just think, Katie and Chelsey are almost sister-in-laws, funny!

Jen said...

Oh, she is precious! Congrats you guys! Your little family is so cute :) What a cute big sister Hallie is. See you next week. Love ya!

Plewe Fam said...

Congrats, congrats! After so much craziness with the flooding, what a wonderful time to have such a beautiful little girl. That hospital looks like a 5 star hotel - what's with that, how nice! Love the name, we thought of it, but Tyler's not too fond of the initials PP. Enjoy your new little one!

Jessica Sorensen said...

congrats! I know everyone else said this but you look good. I just looked at my pictures from when Addi was born and I want to burn them.

shay said...

Congrats Heather! She's beautiful!

Street Fam said...

Congrats you guys!!! Peyton is adorable. Can't wait to see more pics.