November 2, 2010

{ Halloween & some Trunk or Treating }


My cute little girls. Peyton insisted on carrying this chair over and sitting on it.

I have to be honest. This Halloween was kind of a bust. With Aaron working Trauma for 2 months now (80+ hours a week) and me being pregnant and feeling like someone has taken a sludge hammer to my tailbone, I have just simply been exhausted! So I did the best I could. We didn't carve pumpkins, have our traditional potato soup in bread bowls, make sugar cookies, have any parties, go to a great pumpkin patch, go trick or treating (that can be blamed on Sunday though and not me :)), etc. But I did my best to make sure the girls still had a good time. I've realized lately that it's the small and simple things that bring joy and happiness to them.

The girls and I read lots of fun Halloween stories, made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, did the Sea World Halloween stuff, painted some pumpkins (thanks to my YW activity :)), decorated the house (Hallie's doing), watched some fun shows, made some fun crafts and passed out candy. So it probably wasn't the best Halloween, but it worked for us this year.

Here's some pictures from our ward Trunk or Treat. Aaron was working, but the girls and I had a good time. Hallie changed her mind every day about what she wanted to be for Halloween. First it was Sleeping Beauty, then a puppy, then Clifford, next a witch...! But she ended up deciding that she wanted to be Fancy Nancy for Halloween too (same as preschool). She had a blast getting her outfit together all by herself. Alot of people had no idea who Fancy Nancy is...but she didn't seem to notice or care. Whenever someone asked who she was she would say, "Fancy Nancy and the POSH puppy". If someone asked me who she was, Hallie would look at me after they walked away and would say, "Mom! I can't believe they don't know who Fancy Nancy is!" and she'd chuckle like they were so silly and the joke was on them. I love her. She carried her dog around the entire night and kept her glasses on the whole time too. Peyton was our cute little bumble bee and had a blast too!



They thought the trunk or treat was great. It was so nice to hear Hallie saying Thank You after every trunk without me prompting her to do so. Peyton got a kick out of this. She's at such a fun age. First, she couldn't stop looking up at the sky and saying, "It's dark!" and thinking how cool it was that she didn't have to be in bed. Second, she thought it was the coolest thing ever that she could just walk up to a trunk, hold out her bucket and they would automatically put candy in it! Every single time we stopped, the same routine happened. They put a piece of candy in her bucket. She quickly pulled it back out to check out what they gave her. Looked over and me while still holding it up and saying, "Wook Mommy! Wook!". Then turned back to the person and said, "shank ew!" And she was off to the next. They both had a blast.



"My bucket is HEAVY mama!"


It didn't take long after we got in the door for Peyton to run to her room, dump her candy out and start eating it :). Hallie had a tummy ache (probably from all the cotton candy she ate) and wasn't in the mood for Peyton or the camera.
What mom? No more candy? I'll show you!



5 comments:

Charly said...

I told Casey when we were checking out costumes that I wondered if she was Fancy Nancy! I love it!!!

Swensons said...

they look so CUTE!!! I hope you get feeling better

Chelsea said...

I know Fancy Nancy and I think Hallie was absolutely stunning! And Peyton is adorable :)

Amberly said...

I can't believe she is sleeveless in October, you have to love Texas. Give yourself a break. I didn't do all my normal stuff either since Chuck is never home and I'm so busy with homeschooling cayden. I don't think anyone notices but us. Your such a good mom.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Hallie was a perfect Fancy Nancy...love those books too! Your girls are so dang cute!