February 15, 2009

Chelsey & Jared's

Aaron had to take the Clinical Skills Step 2 Boards in Chicago, so the girls and I tagged along with an excuse to go see Chelsey and Jared. It was so fun and I was so glad to see my adorable sister (and bro-in-law). Hallie just absolutely LOVES Chelsey and was so excited to see her. Of course, she carried her suitcase around the house for a few days and packed it all by herself (tinkibell pillow and sleeping bag, phone, panties, and Peyton's pj's). It was a quick trip but so much fun. I forgot my camera but had my little one in my purse, so not too many pics. Here's what I enjoyed though:

  • Seeing their cute apartment with the most amazing view and feeling like I was in a hotel.
  • Getting a taste of their yummy homemade ice cream and delicious dinner.
  • Watching how sweet Chelsey was to the girls. She had presents waiting, checked books out at the library for Hallie, made waffles and cookies with Hallie, painted nails, played at the park, etc. etc. When we left Aaron said, "Chelsey is going to be a great mom."
  • Meeting Marteen. Seriously...there's no way to describe it. He's the best.
  • Having an "ultimate smack-down" of pacman. Too bad Jared totally wasted my trash and got the high score. He's been practing way too much. Are you sure you study Jared?
  • Talking with my sista. I LOVE her.

Thanks Chels and Jared for letting us come stay! Can't wait to see you again.

Painting the nails. I don't know why, but for some reason whenever we're going to see Chelsey, Hallie talks about how "maymee (maybe) Chelsey will paint my's nails, mommy!" She gets so excited for this event.




5 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad you had fun!

Beth said...

Peyton has so much hair! and Its RED!!!! Hooray for Red Heads!!!

Jared said...

You're a sweetheart! I love you. It was so much fun to have you guys here. I love your cute little family!
Chels

SandyKay said...

Absolutely loved reading your blog. I love that we can be so far apart yet I really can picture you all on a daily basis. Heavenly Father has truly blessed our whole family with some beautiful children. What would we ever do without them?

I laughed so hard at the Oh Crap comment from your mom ~ Everyone laughs at me cuz I'm a chip off the ol' block. I learned from the master. Oh Crap happens a lot at our house!!

Sure miss you all. We talk about you often because Keri's little Seth is your double. His actions remind me so much of you as a child. He's very quiet but what he does say is hilarious and right on target. I'll never forget your big beautiful eyes and how there was always just a hint of mischief behind them. I loved how you, Nat, and Dustin would play so hard all day and then about midnight conk out on the stairs with your blankets. Give OB a big hug and Squeeze those adorable girls for us. We love you all!

SK & Cy

John said...

Hopefully there were no spills with the nail polish this time!