February 25, 2009

Where Are We Going?

We turned in our rank list for Residency today! Ahhhh....so crazy to think that it is done! Aaron and I are SO indecisive, which made it difficult to decide the order to rank the places. So many factors in deciding. Good Orthopedic program, cost of living, family friendly, school systems, weather, outdoors, ShOpPiNg, safety, ease of traveling to family, etc.

It feels good to finally not have to stress about it anymore though. I think every time I started researching places on the internet, I'd get anxiety because I would read all these comments of people's "opinions". I decided that I may just like it more going blind wherever we go. I did that with Iowa and I've absolutely loved it here (except the blasted winters :)) Anyways, it's out of our hands now and I know that we will end up wherever we as supposed to be. I'm not worried. I know that I can enjoy wherever we end up. March 19th is the big Match Day!! SO crazy.

We are going to leave you in some suspense and not tell you the exact order of our rank list but some of the top programs we like are: Oregon, San Antonio, New Mexico, Grand Rapids, Iowa and Wisconsin. Almost all the programs we are looking at would be fine to go to, so where ever we end up, we'll be happy.

9 comments:

Beth said...

so crazy! But I bet it is so nice to know its done. And it will totally work our the way it is supposed to. But still such a big thing! Enjoy your non-stressing! :)

Anonymous said...

I just hope its close to Mama.

Scott and Beth said...

Ummm...I didn't see a Provo Ut in there??? Did you not understand what I was saying??? Just kidding! I hope all turns out happy!!

Mike and Lindsey Ploeger said...

Good luck on your big choice!!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

i hope that wherever you go it brings you great happiness!

s.lloyd said...

congrats guys. I was hoping to see NYC on that list!!

SandyKay said...

Hey Miss Heather ~ Can't wait to hear your news. Hopefully where ever you go it will be "Way Cool" :-).

Love you ~ SK

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I briefly stalked your blog today. My husband is a FP and went to med school in Washington DC. We had California (home), Florida, Washington state and some other coastal states because we don't like the middle of the country. We ended up in Omaha Nebraska. And you know what? I cried my eyes out on match day. But I loved every second of our three years in Nebraska. We are now in our number one choice location of California, near family and friends and I miss Nebraska so much I can't stand it. So I just wanted to share with you something you already know, the Lord needs you somewhere or you need someone specific to come into your life and you'll go there no matter what is on a piece of paper. It's so great how much the Lord loves us and how much he knows exactly what we need. Good luck, you are in my prayers even thought you don't know me at all.

Street Fam said...

Can't wait to hear where you guys are going! Can you believe your time in Iowa is almost done? I miss Iowa a whole lot, so take advantage of it for the next few months.