April 17, 2011

{ St. Patty's Day }


We had a fun St. Patrick's Day! We are Irish afterall, so we must celebrate! I LOVE getting my girls excited about Holidays. It was SO much fun making their imaginations go wild as I told them all about leprechauns. I loved the questions they were asking me. It almost made me wish I was a kid again and still believed in all of this stuff. How fun!

Well...the night before, we made our leprechaun trap in hopes to catch him. Hallie made him a picture that was "golden" so he'd get tricked. Peyton's is next to it. They were so excited to do all this. We had so much fun. The box was colored, the items to "trick" him with were great (green leaves, sour patch kids, clovers, pennys, ribbon, a ball and sparkles), and they were ready. Hallie wanted to get right to bed so the leprechaun would come. Peyton thought it'd be fun to come out of her bed 50 times and ask if I'd seen him yet.

We woke up and ran to the playhouse in hopes that we caught him. But...we didn't! Dango! He left a note instead.

So...we followed his footsteps and clovers to find his special surprise. They were excited!


A little disappointed that we didn't catch him, but totally over it when they found he left them a treat! Hallie is determined to catch him next year!

We headed over to the park and McDonalds and the kids played SO hard. They had a blast!


Aaron and Kyler weren't as excited as we were about this AWESOME holiday! (Had a LONG day/night of working). HAPPY IRISH DAY!!!

4 comments:

Jared said...

Hoey you are so cute! I love this. I want to be just like you when I grow up! (Jared wants to know if we can come get Peyton...) You forgot to blog the part about her refusing to take off her clothes to get in the bath because she thought you'd pinch her. Love you and your cute family!

Jared said...

That was me. Chelsey

Our Little Family said...

You are so creative and your girls are so cute. I just love their excited faces. My fingers are crossed that Hallie will catch the leprocaun next year!

SarahandJD said...

So much fun for the kids on st patties. Kyler is honestly such an adorable baby. I wish we were closer!!