April 1, 2011

{ PEYTON'S CAPTURED SAYINGS }

March 2011
(2 ½ years)
• I’ve been trying to get Peyton to understand the concept of lying (she likes to do this a lot). And so on occasion when I ask her something and I know she’s lying, I will ask if she’s telling the truth. Aaron said to her one day, “Peyton, you have to go potty before we leave.” Peyton said, “Dad, are you telling the truth?”

• Says “marm” for “arm”

• “Are you happy?” She says this whenever she does something bad and gets caught.

• Hallie (being silly while getting toothbrushes ready): “So..should I put toothpaste, then agua and then soap on Peyton’s toothbrush?”
Peyton: “Don’t put soap on! It will make me die!”

• Me: “Are you my little shoppin buddy?”
Peyton: “I not a buddy! I am a girl! Silly mom! You’re a goof ball!”

• “You the best daddy eber! In the whole world!” (with super exaggerated hands)

• “You want me to go to time out?” (after I caught her doing something. All I said was, “Peyton…”)

• I keep a monitor in the girls’ room and have the receiver in mine. It is so cute to hear them talk to each other at night when they are going to bed and in the morning when they’re waking up. I heard them waking up and then heard Peyton say, “I wuv you Hallie.” Hallie says, “Oh. I love you too.” So sweet.

• Peyton was blowing raspberries at the table.
Me: “Peyton, please stop doing that.”
Peyton: continues to do it and now even louder.
Me: “If you don’t stop, you’ll go on time out.”
Peyton: “Well gwanma does that!” and then does it again.

• Famous phrase: “Pickle da me! That’s my favowit movie.” (despicable me)

• We had a super fun St. Patrick’s Day and got filthy at the park. When we got home I wanted to give them a quick bath. Hallie jumped right in, but Peyton would not get her clothes off and get in. She kept crying, “I don’t want to get pinched!!” (because she wouldn’t have any green on if she took her clothes off.)

• Unfortunately Peyton inherited my indecisive gene. She cannot make a decision to save her life. She has to lay out all her choices in a straight line (books, panties, clothes, snacks, bowl color, etc) and sits there forever saying, “ummmmmm. Ummmm.” It takes her 10 years to finally pick one. And on many occasions, she will then change her mind another 10 times before she decides on it.

• Every morning, Peyton is always the first to wake up. She comes barging into my room (between 5:30 and 6:30 regardless of what time she goes to bed) and says, “Did I sweep in?”

• Peyton was watching me change Kyler’s diaper, “Why does Ky have two belly buttons?”

2 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Your kids are so adorable!!! I am so glad you are coming up this summer! I really hope I get to see you. Love ya!

Lindsey Whiting said...

I love it. Your kids crack me up, it's so fun to hear what they say.. I love the "did I sweep in?"