March 4, 2012

{ UNCLE JERRY }


 Jared deserves a special award. Peyton and him bonded quite a bit this summer. For good and for horrible. Him and Dustin are the two people that will pretty much do whatever they ask. So naturally, they fall in love with them and the poor guys can't catch a break.

I love this picture. So glad Chelsey shared it. She pulled up to the house one day and saw this. I laughed forever when she told me about it. He is awesome. Trying to make everybody happy.

Then there he is taking turns putting them in the backpack and literally running up and down this ramp and through the backyard. It was so hot outside and he just kept giving them turn after turn.

All the fun turned horrific when I came home one night. Jared was SO kind in being willing to watch my girls while my mom and sisters and I went to Color Me Mine. I said, "Oh, they should just go to sleep for you, no big deal." Well...for sure not what quite happened. The look on his face said it all as soon as I got home. Something had happened. Something horrible. I couldn't imagine what it was. Of all the things I imagined, it was WAY worse.
They were doing fireworks outside, Peyton came out, pulled down her panties and said, "look what I did", as she reaveled poop! If only it was that...I guess she had already tried to clean it up in the bathroom which didn't go so well. Sweet sweet Jared cleaned it ALL up!!! I was absolutely MORTIFIED! This is the same child that peed on him on the subway in Chicago. So needless to say, they have created quite the bond. I can't say enough good things about Jared. He is so great and I'm so thankful that he doesn't hate me or my children after this trip :). He probably needed a vacation after we left back to TX.

One night we were playing Ticket to Ride and Peyton comes over to Jared and says, "Hi Jerry!" We made the mistake of laughing and she thought it was so funny. So she has continued to call him Jerry for quite some time. It's pretty funny. I'm sure Jared just loves it :). Peyton LOVES "her Jerry!"

No comments: