February 12, 2009

Pre-Utah Christmas

My husband is the sweetest! He spoils me to death. He had been being pretty sneaky and I wasn't quite sure what he had up his sleeve. The night before we headed to Utah for Christmas he had me go look in the garage, and this is what I found! He made me this Vanity! I was so excited. Ever since we've been married, I have either sat in the bathroom sink or on the floor with the cheap old Walmart mirror that's been plastered with hairspray and crap all over to get ready every morning. He always asked "how do you even seen out of that mirror?" or "Can we PLEASE find a place to put all your stuff?". So now we are both SO happy! I love it.




"I ready to go!" This is Hallie the day we were leaving to DRIVE to Utah. She was so excited, couldn't sleep all night, and got herself all packed to go. Poor thing probably didn't quite realize just how long it was actually going to take to get to Grandma's house.




We had a Christmas party for our church and Santa came. I had been preparing Hallie for this event for days, because I knew that she would need to mentally prepare herself to see him. Well, she had been SO excited and kept asking when he was going to come so that she could tell him she wanted a "choo choo" for Christmas. As soon as he came walking in the door saying, "ho ho ho", Hallie's automatic faucet of tears begin and she starts bawling saying, "Let's go home!". Well...I finally convinced her to "take Peyton to see Santa". So we were able to get "Peyton" a candy cane and tell santa what "Peyton" wanted for christmas. Not quite sure where Peyton is under that beard. ha ha.


"Mommy, my socks no fit!". These are our Christmas stockings. I love Hallie's age because she is so curious about everything and trying to figure it all out. Couldn't understand why these "socks" wouldn't fit and why on earth Santa would put presents in them.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

She looks so big there! There are always those pictures where you realize they aren't much of a baby anymore. The one with Santa is definitely one of those!

Chelsea said...

What do you mean Aaron MADE that vanity? How the heck did he do that? It's awesome!