June 16, 2009

Farewell to RS Gals


(Chelsea, me, Heidi, Kristi)


I had the opportunity to serve with these girls in the Relief Society Presidency and am so thankful for their friendship and example they have been . Chelsea hosted a "Cafe Rio" night before we left and it was fun to get together with all the families. They have each been so sweet and I cherish their friendships and things I've learned from them.
Heidi took this picture at one of our meetings a long time ago and it makes me laugh just thinking about that day. Here's how she quotes it: (Hope you don't care Heidi :))

When 4 young moms can somewhat successfully carry out a 1 hour and 15 minute Relief Society presidency meeting all while managing 3 two year olds, 1 one year old, 1 four month old, 1 two month old, and 1 two week old, during which time one of us got peed on, one nursed her baby, and among us we changed 6 poopy diapers . . . . then YES, anything can happen.Here we are . . . thoroughly entertained by the sheer chaos of our callings. :o)



When we first got this calling, we all had one child. Eventually one by one, we all announced to each other that we were expecting another (Chelsea is yet to have hers still :)). I will miss these girls SO much. Having our weekly "get togethers", our bazillion emails back and forth, late night chats, helpful common sense tips for Heather, and lots of laughs are just a small portion of things I'll miss.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh Heather, you're almost making me want my old calling back! Ok, not unless I get to work with all you again. I miss you!