June 11, 2009

What I’ve learned the past 2 weeks:

  • If the first thing that greets you to the neighborhood is a big black hairy bum crack and a smile with no teeth, it can only go uphill from there.

  • I love power tools!

  • The local Valero gas station has halfy-hour every day from 11-4 and you can get half price on your fountain drinks (yes..I have already located the nearest one).

  • I LOVE having a backyard. Hallie and Peyton love it too and think it's so fun to go swimming everyday.


    • I may change my opinion about how I hate Walmart so much after shopping at this one.

    • It is going to take me all 5 years of living here to figure out how to get anywhere.

    • I heart COSTCO!

    • Texans are VERY nice people.

    • My friends in Iowa (..Sarah R..Sarah S..Candice.. Andrea..just to name a few. You all know who you are..) have made me such a scaredy cat and now have my husband calling me neurotic.

    • Our air conditioning went out and we have been living in a 91 degree house for 5 days! When working in close proximity to your husband, deodorant is a necessity for him to wear! (I found that out the hard way.)

    • Aaron lost his 3rd wedding ring!!! Seriously! With a really neat story, he did end up finding it.

    • Texas cops aren't nice. I lost my track record of getting pulled over and always being able to talk my way out of a ticket. After getting lost on my way to Lowe's and getting stuck in traffic for an hour, I got my first speeding ticket! $191 baby! Sweet! On a positive note, the cop didn't realize my license is expired.

    • Texas is no Iowa or Utah. As is any new place, it will take some time to adjust, but I’m sure we will end up loving it.


    And on a side note, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my sweet husband tomorrow. 6 years baby! I can't believe it! I am one lucky girl!

    9 comments:

    SarahandJD said...

    Heather! I can't believe you got such an expensive ticket! That is awful. I'm so glad you have a backyard for the girls. Way to be a good blogger. I stll miss you guys.

    Tammi said...

    Your girls are adorable. I can't believe your baby is walking. What advance techniques are you using with her? Well, they say everything's better in Texas and so I guess that explains it! Love ya.

    Anonymous said...

    Happy Anniversary!
    The weather is rainy just like it was for your wedding day six years ago.
    Your poor mom was freaking out, but everything turned out just beautiful. Love the new pictures and updates.
    Aunt Kristy

    Anonymous said...

    Heath,

    I didn't think cars could go that fast. Ouch! $191.00 ticket. We all get one--well maybe not a $191.00, but.........
    Happy Anniversary to you both. You are a great pair! Better let OB out of the paint clothes for the night, at least on your anniversary. What hard workers you are. Aunt Kristy is so right. The wind and rain were totally freaking me out. Kristy remembers because she was in the middle of putting those favor boxes together. Bless her ever lovin' heart. Rick, too. and probably Jenny and Erica.
    Love,
    Mom

    Beth said...

    ouch! But it happens to everyone at least once! :) I can't believe that it has been six years since you guys got married....so crazy. Time sure does fly. Know how much we love you guys.

    Scott and Beth said...

    Oh the things you learn when your out of your comfort zone! I hope you adjust fast and love it!

    jakeandstephanietaylor said...

    Yeah for Back yards!!! Glad to hear you are doing good with a walmart close by and half price Dr. Peppers! Love it! If you want to hear about Grocery Smarts...you would LOVE it! (if you don't already do it!) ps. your home is so CUTE! and Peyton is a mini YOU!

    Heidi Miller said...

    I love this post Heather. You are so cute and I really really hope you don't see anymore hairy bum cracks anytime soon. :)

    Ben Robbins said...

    Tell Aaron to pull his pants up! Hey the place looks great. Way to get right at the painting. I'm impressed.