Fire Up Big Team
What would Father's Day be without a tribute to my wonderful Dad. I respect and admire my dad in so many ways. I don't really know how to put into words how great he really is.
Here's just a few things I LOVE about my dad:
- GREAT EXAMPLE. He has always been a strong father figure. I admire this even more knowing that he didn't have that growing up. He broke the cycle in his family and has led a great life he should be proud of.
- SO supportive. He is always there rooting me on regardless of what it is. Dance recitals(that's saying alot if you know what they were like :) Think 3 days straight, 3+ hours each), cheer performances, half-times, track meets, birthdays, high school dances (he's got "the look" down), holiday's, etc.
- SO FUN! Whether it's being woken up to every birthday to him shaking you and dancing/singing "They Say It's Your Birthday", hearing "Fire Up Big Team, Fire Up" (inside joke :)), some sweet headstands or other crazy stunts/poses, rocking out in the car, he always can make any situation fun.
- THE MOST patient person I know! Thanks to Mom on that one. I think she helped mold that trait :).
- Has a huge soft heart. I LOVE it.
- His cute little quiet laugh he does before he's about to tell a joke or something he finds funny.
- His love that he shows to his Mom.
- The many trips he's taken our family on. What great memories we've made throughout the years.
- Shows so many Acts of love. He is always thinking of others and has a quiet way of going about doing it. This would also explain why every time I go home, I find a huge container of chocolate covered raisins, DDP and all my other sweet tooth favorites.
- His phone calls just because. I think every time I get off the phone when he calls I say to OB, "I love when my dad calls just to say hi.".
- The ultimate photographer/videographer. Growing up, we would get so mad that he wanted another picture or that he was bringing the video camera along. And now I can't thank him enough for all the wonderful memories. He gave all us kids a set of Home Video DVD's from our entire life and it is something I will always treasure. My Dad is the man behind the camera of my life. This is for sure where I get my love of photography. I now understand why he does it.
- His support, sacrifice, patience and love he's given to my mom and grandparents as they lived with us for 17 years. He never complained and was so sweet to them.
- So many of his traits/hobbies have rubbed off on me. I find myself doing things everyday and thinking, "I am SO my dad!" What a lucky girl I am.
I love you Dad!

This Father's Day has been especially hard because we don't have Grandpa with us this year. He was a wonderful person and also shaped alot of who I am. Looking through all my pictures to find one of my dad, I can't help but bawl as I see just as many as my Grandpa too. Ahhh. I miss him. I am also thinking of my mom today. He loved her so much and thought the world of her. I know this is a hard day. Love you mom!
And of course: Happy Father's Day to my adorable husband. He is an amazing Dad. I couldn't ask for a better father to our children. I love that he is always SO excited to see the girls when he comes home and listens patiently as Hallie spits out a bazillion things she's been waiting to tell him. I love that he shares his hobbies with them already and doesn't wait until they're older. He takes them camping, hiking, biking, and lots more. I love that he takes the time to explain and teach things to Hallie. Rather than simply taking the easy way out and saying NO or doing things for her, he explains the reason why to everything and takes the time to teach her and talk with her until she gets it. He plays princess, babysits "Baby Peyton", plays store, house and doctor, gets up early with them and lets me sleep in, sings every word to the Dora song and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song, etc etc. I could go on. Hallie is Daddy's little girl and her and Peyton love their daddy! Thanks babe for being a great dad.



4 comments:
Thanks for making me bawl. That was such a great tribute. I love and second everything you had to say!
Awesome Ho! I love the fire it up big team. John wanted to know what that was about. Oh yeah, and remember how I accused you, and then Chelsey? Well guess who was the blabbermouth...John! That little nerd. Anyway, I hope today is going better. Love ya.
Thanks for making me cry . . .and I don't even know your dad or your grandpa. At least I know Aaron and he is a great dad!
Such a sweet post Heather! I love it!
Post a Comment