Hallie’s Captured Sayings
December 2009
• “actually…” “well…” are still common phrases she uses to start her sentences.
• Hallie had called Natalie to find out what Avery’s favorite colors were for her surprise picture she was making her. She hadn’t called back yet and it was time to go to bed. She came out of her bed 3 times to see if she’d called back yet. Finally she said, “I have the greatest idea! How bout I take your phone to bed with me case Nat calls and then I’ll bring it back to you in the morning. Just in case.”
• “I got the toots.”
• After a LONG day of Peyton tantrums and Aaron being on call, I put the kids to bed and went to take a bubble bath. A few minutes later, Hallie comes tiptoeing in and says, “Mommy, um…I heard you were taking a bath and I just wanted to let you know that you could use my rubber ducky in the bath. And..I love you. Oh wait! Did I already tell you that? Sorry.” Me: “Thanks Hallie! I love you too and you can tell me that as many times you want.” Hallie: “Oh, okay! I love you! Goodnight!” (and she tiptoed back to bed). I so need that right then and it was so sweet.
• When singing ABC’s, she says, “X Y sneak (instead of Z)” at the end. And she will NOT let us correct her. She says, “No, that’s not how it goes.” If we ever tell her that it’s a Z.
• “Did you get it yesternight?” (lastnight)
• “Why does Target talk?” (after hearing someone talk over the loud speaker)
• (While getting ready for a princess party) “Mommy, do princesses wear panties?” “Princesses don’t have mommies. But I do have a mommy so don’t worry. I’m not a real princess. I’m just pretending.”
• We were all having a singing/dancing party and I was singing, “If you want my body…” . I went into my room to get something and came back out and had the following conversation:
Hallie: “Mommy, aren’t you going to take a bath?”
Me: “No why would you think that?”
Hallie: “cause you were singing, (singing at the top of her lungs)“I’m gonna WASH my body!”
• Every time we go somewhere Hallie asks me if we are going to go on the freeway. If I say yes, she says, “YES!” while doing a Napoleon move by bringing her arm in fist into her body. If I say no, she says, “Oh…I really wanted to!”
Well the other day she said randomly while driving somewhere,
Hallie: “Mommy, can you please teach me how to drive?”
Me: “Sure, when you’re 16.”
Hallie: “Well okay. But make sure you teach me how to drive on the freeway!”
Me: “okay. Why do you like the freeway so much?”
Hallie: “cause you go REALLY REALLY fast! I can’t wait!”
(I am doomed! She is SO going to have my same driving record :))
January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I want to hang out with Hallie - she sounds cool. :)
Post a Comment