Peyton’s Captured Moments
December 2009
(17 months)
• Hallie was lying down and Peyton kept pointing to her bottom saying, “Bum! Bum!” We kept distracting her but she just kept doing this repeatedly.
• Finds body parts. Loves to find that little belly.
• Some of my family came to our house for Christmas. Peyton LOVED Jordan. She would just stand there staring at him until he looked at her and would smile from ear to ear when he did. Anytime she did something, she would look to Jordan to see if he saw and smiled.
• Still dancing away. Her latest move for this month is twirling in circles and rising up and down on her tiptoes over and over and over.
• We drove to the temple with my family when they came. Right as we pulled up to it, I looked over at Peyton and she had her arms folded and then bowed her head. It was so neat that she recognized this. I had not even said anything to her about it being a temple or anything. Then she just kept pointing to it and folding her arms. It was really sweet. So special. These little angels know more than we think.
• The sassiness is still going strong! We’ve really been teaching what a “time out” is this month. I think she is grasping the concept quite well considering the fact that she goes around the house with her finger pointed saying, “no, no, no.” If I catch her doing something she’s not supposed to, she looks at me really serious and says, “no, no”. Too bad she’s only doing it so that I’ll leave her alone and she can do it again.
• Has really started pretending with Hallie a lot. Loves to feed her babies, play with her kitchen and cook, etc.
• Saying a lot more words. “Done” is a popular word. “Mama, dada, ball, book, more, duck, fish,” and our least favorite, “AHHHHHHHH!”
• Loves purses. She always wants to take one with her whenever we go somewhere. Usually it is filled with stuff, heavy and huge, but it doesn’t stop her. She walks around with the purse on her shoulder and her arm raised in the air so that it won’t fall off her.
• Loves shoes. We have had a lot of tantrums about which shoes to put on every day. It used to be that she wanted her crocs and nothing else. Then it was that she wanted one croc and one polka dot shoe. Now she’s moved onto Hallie’s or my shoes. Some days, I let her win the battle and people look at me in the stores wondering if I know she has on two different shoes. But hey, at least she is pleasant in the store.
January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Im so impressed! You are such cute mom! In one of your pics with the girls having their movie night...I realized how much your girls look alike-just with dif hair color! So cute Heather!
Post a Comment