March 4, 2012

{ STEWART FALLS HIKE }

We had so much fun hiking Stewart Falls. I miss the mountains. They are beautiful. I love looking out my window on the airplane every time we're about to land to see all the mountains. They are amazing!

The kids did AMAZING! With 7 kids, I was a little nervous. Hallie hiked the whole way. With lots of falls along the way :). But she kept on trekking along. Peyton thought it'd be more fun to get a free ride on Aaron's back for a bit. She also had fun hiking with her cousins too. Kyler chilled with me the whole time and he was awesome.We had a nice lunch at the top. And then we headed back down. Someone at the top told us that if we took another trail, it would be shorter. We decided to take all the kids down that way while Aaron went the other way and got the car. It was nice and it was shorter. But there was this one part near the end that gave me nightmares. I envisioned one of the kids being dragged away in the raging river. The trail became VERY narrow and if you went off the trail, you would fall right into the river. Somehow at that point, I was by myself with most of the kids too. I was so nervous. My mom about had a heart attack over it. And I did too. When we got down to the bottom there was a sign that said the trail we had been on was closed. So yeah, don't go that way if you're taking lots of little kids who could have easily fallen in. It haunted me for awhile how close we had been to a tragedy. Other than that though, we had a lot of fun and I was very impressed with how great all the kids were on such a big hike.



Natalie and her cute kiddos. Cousins are the best!




Kyler's first hike. He did awesome!

Peyton was pooped by the end!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You guys are so cute - at least you were last summer :). I miss those mountains too. Glad you get to go back and see them once in a while.