October 28, 2012

First Couple Weeks of School

How is school life after the first couple weeks???
 
Well...it's been a little rough. My heart has hurt alot for my sweet little girls. Shyness is a hard thing. And unfortunately they deal with it. It hurts a mother's heart.
 
Peyton has cried about going, lost sleep about worrying about everything (what if I cough and they laugh at me, etc.), and been a wreck. She stalls everytime it's time to go and it's hard to drop her off knowing everything that's going through that little head of hers. The teacher says that she asks when I'm coming back to get her quite a bit but acts ok while she's there. She doesn't cry when we're there. She puts on her brave face, asks for a kissing hand each time and walks through those big doors ready to try again.
But when I pick her up, she's always happy and says she had fun.
Hallie says she is loving school and doesn't voice concern but then I find out that she sits on the bench everyday at recess. For 25 minutes. She just sits there. That seriously breaks my heart. She acts like it doesn't bother her but I can tell it does. And she doesn't talk hardly at all throughout the entire day. There was a day where the parents or grandparents could come in the morning to their class. Each child that brought someone stood up and introduced their guest. She wouldn't do it. To see her so nervous about introducing me made me want to cry. Poor little girl.

She was excited to show me her pictures hanging in the hallway though.
 
 
I know with time it will get better for both the girls. But until then...IT'S HARD and NOT FUN to see my little sweeties struggle! Our motto is that "O'Briens do hard things." So here's a hard thing to concur and I have all the faith that they will.
 

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

They are such sweet girls! I struggle with the same thing with Anika and Keslie (especially Anika). I was such a shy little girl and would sit alone at recess too. Don't worry - they will grow out of it and be no worse for the wear! Love you Heather!