October 26, 2012

Peyton's First Day of Preschool






Peyton has been SO excited to start preschool. She's been waiting for this day ever since Hallie went to preschool. Well her day finally arrived! She never acted scared or nervous until it was time to get in the car to go. Then it broke my heart. She was a wreck. All of the sudden everything was wrong. Her shoes didn't feel right, her skirt was itching her, she wanted more curls in her hair, etc. etc. etc. She got pretty awnry at me and it seriously took us like 30 minutes just to get out the door. My heart hurt for her. I knew that her nerves had suddenly kicked in but she wasn't going to admit that. She is my tough little sassy Peyton. Well I attempted to take a picture but she didn't want to hold "the stupid sign". Then she couldn't pose. ha ha. Can you tell she was nervous?
We read the book, The Kissing Hand the night before and gave each other our kissing hands before we said goodbye. And I used that kissing hand all day long. I am such a baby. Yep, I'm that mom that totally cries and thinks about them ALL DAY LONG. I know it's healthy for them and Peyton for sure needs the social aspect of preschool...but man, it's hard to see your kids go through hard things. I know it's only the beginning too. She gets SO shy is public or around other people. Which is completely different than her normal sassy silly fun self that she normally is. Hallie is the same way. With time, I know it'll get better.
 
The night before she said, "Mom, you don't need to pack my lunch. I already did and it's ready to go on the counter." Yum! Looks delicious and super healthy.
 
 
A little different goodbye than Hallie. She insisted I take a picture of her cubby to show Hallie that they are the owls. But then gave me the look of death before I said goodbye. She didn't want any attention drawn to her. ha ha.

So after Ky and I sent her off and I was in tears...what should we do???? Peyton told me, "Mom, you are not going to have anything to do while I'm at school so you need to clean my room while I'm gone."
Well...I knew if I went home I'd just think about the girls all day. So I hope our retail therapy and Diet Dr. Pepper will be ok instead. I'm glad I still have my little Kyler to keep me smiling.



The day went SO slow...waiting and waiting...but it was finally time to go get her. Kyler was so cute. He literally jumped out of his stroller to give her a hug and kiss when he saw her. They are good buds.



She said she had a fun day and her mood was alot happier. Can you tell? Love the posing. Where does she come up with this stuff? I was glad that she had a fun day. She said it was long but that she was glad she went. I'm glad it's only twice a week.

 
We went and picked up Hallie and we were all happy! They both survived their first days of school! I love my little girls.

No comments: