October 26, 2012

Hallie's First Day of 1st Grade



I don't know who was more nervous. Me or Hallie. I feel like being nervous for your kids is even harder than being nervous yourself. Because you have no control over anything. You just have to be positive for them and hope for a great day. Hallie seemed confident and ready. She said she was a little nervous but told Peyton that it's just normal because she doesn't know what it's like. I love hearing her counsel her little sister. We walked her in and she never took that grin off her face. She was still grinning when I picked her up and said she loved first grade! Yay! I love my little Hal. She makes me cry thinking about how sweet she is. She is a special little girl. I hope this is a great year.


Peyton was so excited for Hallie. She planned for over a week how she wanted to get Hallie a surprise for when she got home from school. We made monster cookies, her favorite, and Peyton picked out some treats and tattoos for her. She wrote her a sweet card with a list of question about whether she liked school or not. She set this all up and couldn't wait for Hallie to see it. She even thought to get the "You are Special" plate. What a sweetheart.

No comments: