{ HALLIE'S CAPTURED SAYINGS }
August 2010
• “I’m a petinarian.” (veterinarian is what she means). She uses this word instead.
• “Mom, how do boogers get up?”
• While we were in UT, we drove past UVU. I said, “Hallie, that’s where Daddy and I met each other.”
She was quiet for a minute and said, “Oh..so that’s where I can find someone to marry?” (she’s been really worried about who she’s going to marry.)
A couple days later, we drove by it again on our way to Grandma’s and Aaron said the same thing to her. She said, “Yea, I was thinkin. Like how did you find mommy? Like WHERE did you meet her? Was it like at recess?”
• While making a sand castle, “mom know what I’m doin? I’m decorating! Like doing the walls..the sprinkling…”
• “You’re the greatest mom ever.” (says this a lot at times that I need it the most)
September 2010
• As I was brushing Hallie’s teeth I noticed her staring at my face really funny. I asked her what was wrong. She points to my face and says, “you have like..some little scratches on your face. Are you okay?” (oh don’t worry, just my wrinkles she’s talking about! Nothing like an honest 4 yr. old to make you feel old!)
• Hallie was jumping on our couch and Aaron had already asked her to stop a few times. Finally he said pretty sternly, “Hallie! Who’s couches do you think these are?” She quickly sits down and says in the sweetest voice like she feels so bad, “Heavenly Father’s. Sorry.”
• I was filling her water cup up at McDonalds. “They changed their water. I still like it, but they kinda changed the flavor.”
• “There’s 2 squatters in my mailbox!!!” (she meant wasps). She is still calling them squatters.
• We drove by a dead stinky skunk in the road. Hallie says, “I wish we could catch a skunk so I could kill it. I would get a gun and shoot it!” (a little surprised to hear these words come out of her mouth).
• Whenever Hallie and Peyton are going to bed they insist on having water by their beds. Every night Hallie says, “NICE cold water!”. If I say, “Okay, I’ll go get you some water.” She reminds me, “NICE cold water.” When I bring it to her, she asks me, “is it NICE cold water mommy? “ Yes, you silly girl.”
• Hallie started preschool this month! I went to pick her up on her first day and noticed she had blue paint all over her dress. I didn't say anything about it but was sorta dying inside. She must know me too well because as soon as I saw her and said, "Hi Hallie! How was it?" She said, "Don't worry Mom. It'll come out. I asked the teacher." ha ha.
• We were driving to preschool and I said, "Oh, we forgot to say our prayers this morning." She quickly piped in, "we don't need to! I already LOVE preschool!" I said, "Well we still say our prayers every morning silly." And she said, "Okay, but DON'T ask me to have fun at preschool because I know I already will! Just ask for me to get there safely!"
• I went to wake Hallie up the other morning to get ready and I heard her outside her door just waking up. She said to herself, "Yay! It's preschool day!" Then as she was climbing down her ladder she said, "a nice new day!"
• “Mom, you’re a genie us” (genius)
• “We found out we were having a BOY this month. Hallie was hoping for another girl (she’s in a “I don’t like boys” stage). Well I told her we were having a boy and she stuck that pouty lip out and made quit a sad face. Then she quickly smiled and said, “I’ll still love it mom! Don’t worry.”
• Likes to create her own words. “ubster” is her newest one. “It’s going to be ubster cool!” And "furzy". "That means fuzzy mom."
• “We did that yesternight!” (always says this instead of last night)
I've been trying to safe money and be a little more careful lately. Which means, I shouldn't have gone to Target. I bought a few too many things (some for the girls) and said later that night "I need to stop spending money." Hallie said, "Yea, I was gonna remind you. I thought about it. But I decided not to."
• “I’m a petinarian.” (veterinarian is what she means). She uses this word instead.
• “Mom, how do boogers get up?”
• While we were in UT, we drove past UVU. I said, “Hallie, that’s where Daddy and I met each other.”
She was quiet for a minute and said, “Oh..so that’s where I can find someone to marry?” (she’s been really worried about who she’s going to marry.)
A couple days later, we drove by it again on our way to Grandma’s and Aaron said the same thing to her. She said, “Yea, I was thinkin. Like how did you find mommy? Like WHERE did you meet her? Was it like at recess?”
• While making a sand castle, “mom know what I’m doin? I’m decorating! Like doing the walls..the sprinkling…”
• “You’re the greatest mom ever.” (says this a lot at times that I need it the most)
September 2010
• As I was brushing Hallie’s teeth I noticed her staring at my face really funny. I asked her what was wrong. She points to my face and says, “you have like..some little scratches on your face. Are you okay?” (oh don’t worry, just my wrinkles she’s talking about! Nothing like an honest 4 yr. old to make you feel old!)
• Hallie was jumping on our couch and Aaron had already asked her to stop a few times. Finally he said pretty sternly, “Hallie! Who’s couches do you think these are?” She quickly sits down and says in the sweetest voice like she feels so bad, “Heavenly Father’s. Sorry.”
• I was filling her water cup up at McDonalds. “They changed their water. I still like it, but they kinda changed the flavor.”
• “There’s 2 squatters in my mailbox!!!” (she meant wasps). She is still calling them squatters.
• We drove by a dead stinky skunk in the road. Hallie says, “I wish we could catch a skunk so I could kill it. I would get a gun and shoot it!” (a little surprised to hear these words come out of her mouth).
• Whenever Hallie and Peyton are going to bed they insist on having water by their beds. Every night Hallie says, “NICE cold water!”. If I say, “Okay, I’ll go get you some water.” She reminds me, “NICE cold water.” When I bring it to her, she asks me, “is it NICE cold water mommy? “ Yes, you silly girl.”
• Hallie started preschool this month! I went to pick her up on her first day and noticed she had blue paint all over her dress. I didn't say anything about it but was sorta dying inside. She must know me too well because as soon as I saw her and said, "Hi Hallie! How was it?" She said, "Don't worry Mom. It'll come out. I asked the teacher." ha ha.
• We were driving to preschool and I said, "Oh, we forgot to say our prayers this morning." She quickly piped in, "we don't need to! I already LOVE preschool!" I said, "Well we still say our prayers every morning silly." And she said, "Okay, but DON'T ask me to have fun at preschool because I know I already will! Just ask for me to get there safely!"
• I went to wake Hallie up the other morning to get ready and I heard her outside her door just waking up. She said to herself, "Yay! It's preschool day!" Then as she was climbing down her ladder she said, "a nice new day!"
• “Mom, you’re a genie us” (genius)
• “We found out we were having a BOY this month. Hallie was hoping for another girl (she’s in a “I don’t like boys” stage). Well I told her we were having a boy and she stuck that pouty lip out and made quit a sad face. Then she quickly smiled and said, “I’ll still love it mom! Don’t worry.”
• Likes to create her own words. “ubster” is her newest one. “It’s going to be ubster cool!” And "furzy". "That means fuzzy mom."
• “We did that yesternight!” (always says this instead of last night)
I've been trying to safe money and be a little more careful lately. Which means, I shouldn't have gone to Target. I bought a few too many things (some for the girls) and said later that night "I need to stop spending money." Hallie said, "Yea, I was gonna remind you. I thought about it. But I decided not to."


No comments:
Post a Comment