October 28, 2010

{ Sleeping Beauty }

Everyone tells me when I was little I could fall asleep anywhere. We have lots of pictures of me asleep in the weirdest places. On the arm of a chair, the bar next to my bowl of cereal, the stairs, Grandma's closet etc, etc. Well, it looks like Peyton and I have alot in common. I can't tell you how many times I will walk around the corner to find her asleep on the tile floor, in little corners of my room, closet, etc.


It's been since about May that Peyton discovered how to climb out of her crib and pack n' play. Hallie had been wanting bunk beds for awhile now and so while we were in AZ (in June), Aaron built the girls some bunkbeds (yes, I'm aware I still need to post them and the playhouse, and my whole house for that matter :)). They love them.

Peyton did really good in her bed for awhile, but lately she has been really struggling. As soon as she's tucked into bed, the same routine begins everynight.

P: "Hallie. (no answer) Hallie! (no answer)"
H: "What! I'm trying to sleep!"
P:  "uh, I hungy."
H:  "Ahh! Peyton you're always hungy. You can eat in the morning."

silence for a few seconds

P: "Hallie. Hallie!"
H: "What!"
P: "I wanna snuggle"

P: "Hallie. Hallie."
H: "What Peyton?"
P: "uh. pickle."
(lots of giggles from both of them)

P: "Hallie. Hallie!"
H: "What Peyton?"
P: "uh..caca!"
(even more giggles.)

Needless to say, it continues and the going to bed is not happening. I go in, give my two sense, the door is shut and they go to bed. Or so I think. When I'm going to kiss them goodnight before I hit the sack, I will be welcomed with one of the following pictures. Not sure why she thinks the hard cold tile floor is more comfy than her bed. I think she just wants to get as close to me as she can without getting in trouble.



Apparently, she's getting a little more daring because as I was sitting on the couch watching tv, I watched her tip toe little by little around the corner by the door. She just stood there forever. I pretended I didn't see her. She didn't say anything and then finally decided to go to sleep. Silly girl.


good thing she remembered to bring her "SO cold water" this time :).


And if you're wondering...Yes, these are all on different nights. She just has a MAJOR obsession with Hallie's Tiger and Pooh nightgown. She has it on before I even say "jammie time". Lots of afternoons, I'll find her clothes on the floor in a pile and she is either naked or in the nightgown. Silly girl.

She thought she'd be funny and pretend that she was asleep on Aaron (who had crashed on their floor after a LONG day).


Here's a few more I found on my phone. She's so funny. During nap time, she crawls out of her bed, plays in her room for a bit and then finally decides to crash I guess. Silly girl.

{9.28.10}

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

I love her!! I can't believe each of those pictures represented a different time. She is so cute! =)

Beth said...

she and Henry would be great friends! I always find her asleep on the floor next to the door during nap time and he roll out of bed all the time and just stays asleep on the floor... I love that its the tile...that makes it all so much better! Love ya!